Chapter Thirty-Nine: Relaxtion & Anonymous

{———}

    When Marinette went up into her room, her mind was still half on the Akumas', despite the fact that the meeting was already over.

She forced herself to push her thoughts on the matter aside, forcing herself to work on something else, as she knew she would just get frustrated with herself.

So instead, she turned herself towards a commission, one that still needed to be started.

Determined, and her mind successfully off Akumas' for now, she walked from her bed to her drawers, and which held all of her sewing supplies, minus the sewing machine which stayed out on the top of her desk.

She pulled out the box that held the majority of the things she needed, then sat down in the chair near the desk, craning over the final sketch.

After a few moments of studying it, she pulled the lid off the box.

Humming, she set to work, letting it completely envelope her mind. Her thoughts fully on the design in front of her, ideas forming quickly as she placed everything correctly on her sewing machine before finally settling down to use it.

{———}

  Hours later, she was mid-way into the design, large and tiny pieces of fabric strewn all around her desk, some even falling down onto the floor.

Marinette, however, in the design-state of her mind, was too engulfed into her work to pay attention to anything from the outside world.

She had headphones deep into her ears, playing a range of loud, uplifting songs. She was humming along to the current song softly, not hearing herself over the overbearing volume of the audio that the headphones continued to play.

Only when her hand were starting to grow so sore it was difficult to do the hand-sewing she had currently been working on, did she bother to pause in the design's progress.

Hesitantly, she pulled an earbud out of her ear, listening for any signs of her uncle and aunt, before hearing both of their familiar footsteps fill the house.

She searched for her phone on the desk, hidden underneath a foot of fabric, then quickly checked the time, wondering whether or not lunch had long since passed.

Marinette smiled gratefully when the time read fourteen-thirty seven. "Two'o'clock, just enough time for a late lunch."

Quickly, she pulled her sewing machine's plug out of the wall, and quickly walked down the stairs to make herself a baked lunch.

Marinette quickly brought out of the ingredients once she reached the kitchen, taking her time as she recalled the recipe vividly in her head.

Marinette hummed softly to herself as she started to preheat everything to the correct temperature.

She quickly cooked the food, a simple dish that took about an hour and thirty minutes tops to finish.

The cooking was also soothing for her, though,  it normally was more of a learning experience.

Soon, she was making herself a polite helping, slowly digging into the food.

It was but a few minutes before she heard her uncle's footsteps headed down towards the kitchen, his pace slightly faster than usual.

Marinette's face broke out into a knowing smile when she heard him, knowing that her uncle wanted some food.

"What did you make this time, something sweet?" He said lightly as he strolled down with ease, a yawn overtaking him.