Chapter Twenty-Seven: Security Cameras and Possible Enemies

{———}

D A M I A N

   Damian was ready to get home, simply put, he was ready for patrol. The last few days had been confusing to the young, but experienced, hero.

He knew one thing was certain, Marinette Dupain-Cheng was mad at him, and he was just as mad at her. Her impulsive decision could have led to her being killed. It was not only irresponsible but just plain out stupid.

At least Todd knew where he was going when he went out! She had no clue at all as to what streets she had been wondering that night, she only knew that was the way to get to her home.

Damian had never met someone as infuriating as Todd. He had thought it impossible, of course, he had to be proven wrong once again.

He was pent up and frustrated, mainly because he couldn't go yell at Dupain-Cheng like he could any of his family members. Instead, he had to hold his tongue and just grit his teeth, as it was not polite to do so to other people, Grayson had told him once.

Still, the whole conversation kept going through his mind, for what reason, he did not know. He knew a few things he had said what probably offensive. But she was just as agiatated as he was, and had said some words as well.

Now, the whole project would take a few more days to finish, which annoyed him more. They could not even finish a project because they quarreled so much.

She was the most intolerable human being he had ever met. That was saying something since he knew Todd.

All these frustrating emotions made him ready for patrol. He was ready to take it all out during patrol so he would, hopefully, feel a little better.

So when he arrived home to see no one there, he ignored it. That is—Until he got ready and headed down to the BatCave.

He met Drake halfway there and greeted him politely.

"Stop!" Came the annoying voice of his brother, Todd.

But instead of it sounding pestered, he actually sounded concerned.

Damian and Drake shared a looked before rushing down to the BatCave.

When they finally got there, they were met with an awestruck, totally confused, slightly angry Todd.

"What the crap?" Was all that seemed to slip past his lips.

Damian looked at him annoyed before getting impatient.

"Spit it out, Todd!" He hissed, he was not at all in the mood.

"They...Someone....Someone was in the BatCave. I don't know who they were, I've never seen them, so take a chill pill Demon-Spawn," Todd finally said.

All of them were silent for a moment, pondering over what Todd had just said.

"Jason," Drake finally said. "Are you sure?"

Todd rolled his eyes. "No, it might've just been the fairies that are always around here scaring the crap out of me. Yes! I'm sure!"

Drake glared at him lightly before noticing the computer.

"Look!" He said as he neared it. "It's working!"

They watched as he typed furiously before finally turning around, his eyes lit up with an idea.

"The security cameras!"

Damian's father had Alfred install a few to make sure they were dressed appropriately when they came down here.

After a while, Drake finally managed to pull them up.

Drake took them an hour back and speed through to where they came in.

Any opening formed out of nowhere. The other side of it was blurry. Then, three people dressed in animal like suits came out of it. It had to be a portal of some sort. One of them had a yellow suit on, another one that he couldn't help but be reminded of a mouse from. While the other had a almost furry looking suit.

The mouse walked up to the computer and closed her eyes, they watched carefully as a ball of light appeared, before seeing Todd stumbled in. The other two turned towards him and made a semi-circle around the mouse.

The mouse opened her eyes and opened a Yo-Yo somehow before shoving the ball of light in and running towards her teammates and muttering something under breath. They watched as the portal reappeared and them dash into it, before disappearing without a trace.

They sat in silence for a moment, each of them thinking over the video and what had happened.

"Now do you believe me?" Todd all but sneered.

Drake just nodded, ignoring his brother's outburst.

"What do you think that ball of light was?" Drake asked, staring intently at the screen.

Todd shrugged before answering."Your guess is as good as mine. What I want to know is how the heck that came out of our computer."

"How they got in or managed to direct that portal here is the more important question," Damian said, finally saying something.

"True, there's a lot of important questions right now. Right now, the best Idea is to tell everyone in the BatCave tonight," Drake answered, his eyes still on the screen as it replayed everything over and over again.

"Something weird is going on, something always is weird when magic is involved. " Todd said.

Damian agreed, magic not only made things harder to figure out, but a lot more confusing as well.

"They were obviously smart, they came during the day on purpose. They knew it was less likely for us to be here. But why did they want that light orb in the first place?" Drake said under his breath, in his own world.

Damian started at the screen. It was starting to make sense.

"What if that was why the computer was not in it's working state?"

Drake was silent but his eyes widened a bit in relization. "It's possible."

"If that's the case then it's probably magic. Magic crew and magic. They probably wanted to take for some reason." Todd said as he re-watched the mouse form the orb in her hands.

"They're young," Drake said, pointing his finger at the three of them.

He was right, that looked to be about his age. Which, was pretty young to be in this type of business.

"I think there's something going on we don't know about," Todd said, looking directly at the two of them, all the sarcasm gone from his face.

}———{