Chapter Thirty-One: An Explanation and Suprise Vistor

{———}

  Tikki sucked in a harsh, unsteady breath as she took in Marinette's words.

"W-Where did you hear this?" Her voice but a tiny tinkle in the wind, all of the past events of the night had been wiped away as the wide-eyed Kwami anxiously awaited her holder's reply.

Marinette hesitated for a moment, knowing that what she had experienced was frightening, she was thinking out a short undetailed version of what had happened.

"A past guardian came to me in a dream," She stated, that was as simple as she could make it without making it confusing.

Tikki sucked in a breath and looked up at her holder, curiosity swimming in her blue irises.

A silence fell over the two, not quite uncomfortable, but noticeable.

"I don't know," Tikki said quietly into the silence, her voice sounded as feeble and weak as a thin piece of paper in a hurricane.

Marinette hummed into the silence, her brain trying to understand what Tikki had meant by that statement.

"I only know what a guardian told me-," She stopped suddenly as if she had been struck with something.

Marinette's head snapped up as she tenderly looked at Tikki, her emotions running wild in her eyes.

Tikki looked up at her and smiled sadly, her eyes darkened with a shadow of a painful memory.

The usual happiness that was all but painted on the Kwami's face vanished into thin air, her mouth pulled into an unmoving frown.

"I—the—," She let out a sigh and was silent for a moment, trying to get a handle on herself, trying to control her emotions.

"I don't remember them," She whimpered in a heart-breaking tone.

Marinette, still keeping eye contact with her friend, slowly scooted towards her.

"What happened?" Marinette said in a soft, ever loving voice, trying her best to sound like her Mama.

"They had to take away my memories! My precious memories of her, I—,"

Tikki exploded, her face twisted in discomfort as she forced the words out.

Marinette came closer and snuggled beside Tikki, offering her any comfort she needed.

"The Guardian had to take my memories away, everyone's memories away," She said quietly, her eyes glimmering from the shiny tears threatening to spill over.

Marinette was quiet, only humming in response. She knew Tikki wanted her to be quiet and ask questions at the end.

"The Guardian told me that I had asked them to—because it was to painful for me—for everyone," She said with a whine in her voice.

"She had just met the best True Holder she ever had, at least, that's what they told me," She said with a shaky breath.

"Marinette, did you know that just because your a True Holder to a Miraculous doesn't mean it is for Good? Sometimes we have holders who are perfect for being the antagonist."

While Marinette was shocked, she knew it wouldn't help the situation, so she stayed quiet.

"Her holder wasn't meant to do good things. They corrupted her, messed her up somehow..destroyed her," She said, the tears finally spilling over.

"Something happened to her, I can't even remember what! They wouldn't tell me," She said with a sob.

"I can't remember her, all I can remember is the feeling I had when I was around her," She screeched.

Marinette plucked her up and sat her on her neck, letting the Kwami cry.

"How did you feel?" Marinette asked quietly.

"So, so warm. So happy. It was almost cozy-like. I felt loved," She whispered. "In my head, I see a bright golden ray of light, shimmering. I can just make out her silhouette with that image—but that's it."

  Tikki eventually cried herself to sleep, her face no longer etched in the painful look of sadness.

Marinette went down to get some of her cookies when she heard a faint scratching on the nearby window.

She tensed, purely out of instinct. It was the dead of night and there was scratching outside. She could easily come up with a thousand different assumptions.

"Meow," A deep stereotypical sounding meow faintly reached Marinette's ears.

Almost immediately, she opened the window and peeked out, knowing the whole time how bad of an idea it is.

A calico cat poked its head in the house, it's fur in disarray.

Marinette frowned at that and slowly moved her hand forward.

The cat shrunk in on itself and looked up at her. It had one dark green eye, but the other was a light blue. Both eyes captivated Marinette.

Heterochromia, Marinette thought as she continued to stare at its eyes.

Just then, the cat lowered its nose to the fingertips of her hand and sniffed.

It's back relaxed after taking in her scent.

Slowly, Marinette moved her hand to its ears. It instantly froze from the action, but when she started to pet its ears, it leaned into her touch.

A vibration shook through its body.

Marinette realized it was purring. She had never had a pet before, as it didn't go well with bakery's, but she had always loved pets.

Unexpectedly, the cat entered the house. Marinette looked around to see if anyone was around, before slowly scooping up the purr-ball.

The cat looked up at her but did not protest.

She used one hand to close the window and lock it, then started scratching its ears.

She quickly guided it to her room, then promptly sat it on her floor.

She would need to somehow get it a bath, eventually.

Marinette watched curiously as it started to knead a blanket with its front paws, then settled itself down on it.

She didn't know the gender, but if she took it to the vet, they would probably tell her.

She wondered how it had even got it.

Her Uncle Jagged's house was surrounded by safety precautions. And still, the feline had managed to get through.

The cat was intently watching Marinette, it's eyes following her every move.

She would tell her Uncle about it in the morning. She really liked the munchkin. Right now, it was curled around itself.

Marinette smiled at the cute little kitty. It was still watching her carefully. She knew it didn't trust her and that's why it hadn't fallen asleep. She had watched multiple cat videos.

{———}

Dum-dum-gum-gum

Everyone has been talking  about #GothamGirl right? Well I think I saw her at some Garden! She's alive!

She was really nice! And her smile was super bright! I finally know what everyone means by that!

#GothamGirlSighting #MysteriousGirl #NewWayne #ShesAlive #ThankGoodness