Chapter Eighteen: The Glue of The Group

{———}

A L Y A

[Excerpt from: The Diary of Alya Cesaire]

Day 1

I was extremely lucky to have wandered across the perfect girl to use for my project, she was being downgraded by a rich brat, when I decided to kindly put a stop to the girl. Soon, we shared a kind moment before we silently decided to be friends. While I don't know for sure, I think it's safe to say that the move is already very much so a good thing for me.

Day 12

I have continued to try to be friends with the girl (Marinette,) and it seems I may be unfortunate enough to actually have to act as best friend for this slightly depressed girl. She is not very self-loving, (Something I intend to use against her later in life,) and is very much so selfless. While I had intended to just use her temporarily, I may stick around. She keeps insisting that she should make me my clothes and keeps bringing  me pastries from her ma's shop.

Day 121

A new girl came, and the interesting thing about her is that she is very much so a liar. The class already seemed hypnotized by her, so I quietly pushed them a little closer to her. This should be a fun experience. She lies about the tiniest of things. I don't think Marinette believes her though.

[End of excerpt of : The Diary of Alya Cesaire.]

{———}

It had all happened fairly quickly, if Alya thought about it. Marinette and Lila already had a dislike for each other so she had expected the liar to pull something like this, but the fact that her classmates and teachers actually believed her was quite remarkable.

When Marinette called her explaining she had been expelled, she was quite surprised.

After ended the call, Alya knew automatically that this was probably the only chance she had.

She waited until all the other girls left the bathroom before coming close to her ear and saying one thing.

"I know you're a liar."

The liar seemed surprised, and she actually looked a little worried.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. In fact, I'll share a secret in return," Alya said with a creepy, wide grin.

She handed Lila her Diary.

"Have a good day," ALya said kindly.

Then she walked out of the room.

{———}

The next day, Lila cornered her.

"Why would you dislike her anyway, she's your best friend," Lila said with suspicion in her voice.

"She's too good. She's too perfect."

That was when it had all really started.

C H L O E

  The anger the boiled through Chloe's veins had tripled with each assuring word that spilled out of her classmates mouths.

Liars, the load of them.

They never kept the words they had spoke to Marinette once, why was this any different?

"Honestly, you are all ridiculous, utterly ridiculous," Chloe muttered her line under her breath.

She had honestly thought about getting it patented. Maybe she'd get around to it.

To say Chloe was relieved when school ended was an understatement. The whole class was inane. They not only had the memory of a goldfish, but also never deserved to never so much as glance at Marinette again. Marinette had been through a lot because of them. And while Chloe wasn't someone you couldn'tsay helped the matter, she also at least apologized. These...Sheeps were too far gone to understand fantasy from reality. Anything Lila said was like clay, it was easily molded to look a certain way, but it was always, in the end, clay. The same was with Lila's lies, because, in the end, no matter how she said it, Lila's words were still lies.