Chapter Two: A Mama's Comfort

{———}

"What do you mean?" Marinette said, she could hear the edge of worry in her voice, as well as the fact it had gone a few pitches higher.

"I'm so sorry! I told them! I did! The favorite-picking teacher! Daddy will not be happy when I call him," Chloé apologized.

Marinette could feel the dread in her stomach, the feeling sloshed around, making her uncomfortable.

"What happened?" Marinette somehow got out.

"Apparently, Lila told everyone we were supposed to get up a hour earlier then we were supposed too," Chloe started.

Marinette's stomach flipped.

"But I told everyone we left at six'o'clock !" Marinette remembered distinctly looking at Lila when she explained what time they were going to get up.

Chloe snorted darkly.

"Well, apparently, they have short-memory loss—Or just don't care!"

"Anyway, then she said that you already left. Miss bustier asked me to call you, but your dumb phone was on silent! She was about to say we should go back, when, mysteriously, Lila had a horrible panic attack,"Chloe's sarcastic words ripped through the air.

"How did you get there?" Marinette asked curiously.

"Rose woke me up, she repeated the message to me. She said you should already be on the bus," She responded a little more calmly

"Are you already on the plane?" Marinette asked urgently.

The phone crackled and made a loud noise, a distorted "get off the phone!" was heard before it beeped.

"No! No!" Marinette tapped on Chloe's contact, repeatedly trying to call her.

Marinette's stomach churned.

Marinette took a deep break, calming herself down. The information that flowed through her seemed like too much.

She tapped her phone and called her mother, knowing that she could smooth her worries.

"Marinette?" Her mom's calming voice rang through the end of the phone.

"Maman,"Her voice came out small.

"Marinette, are you okay, honey?" Her mom calming voice rang through the end of the phone

Maman's voice grew more and more concerned with each word.

Marinette drew in a shaky breath. It was at that moment she realized she was crying.

"I'm stuck," She hiccuped.

Quickly, Marinette drew in a breath, this was not a time where crying would help her.

There was a moment of silence between them.

"Honey, what do you mean?"  The worry was still there, but now Marinette could hear a new edge to it, almost like she was scared.

"She made them leave me. My Class left me alone in Gotham. They left earlier than they were supposed to, they thought I left yesterday," Marinette paused. "She lied to them, made them think I had already left—she just lies so much. . ."

"What? Who is a liar?" Her Maman said urgently.

"Lila," Marinette said the name with pure disgust.

While it had been one of Marinette's main focuses for awhile to expose Lila, now, she more drive to put into exposing her.