Chapter Five: Horsen' Around

{———}

The next day, Marinette grabbed control on herself. She decided she was not going to focus on what happened. Dwelling on past things was unhealthy, she needed to move on with her life. She would not— could not worry about any of her past problems.

However, one problem that was not in the past was making Marinette pace around her room.

"Tikki!" She nudged the kwami persistently.

"Hmm?" Tikki rolled to the side, obviously not understanding.

"Tikki!" Marinette said closer to her ear.

The kwami didn't respond, just layed on her mini-bed never the wiser, not stirring a bit in her deep slumber.

Marinette pulled her lips into a tight line, she was getting slightly frustrated, as she actually was worried about something important.

"Akuma!" She half-shouted.

The little bug's eyelids flew open, she sat up immediately, the word automatically putting her in defense mode.

"What? Marinette, you need to transform!" Tikki shouted.

She looked around, before slumping her shoulders and closing her eyes with a sigh.

"There is no akuma, because we are in Gotham." She explained to herself.

"But we still have a problem nonetheless," Marinette said, getting back on her bed.

"How will we get to Paris if there is an akuma?" Marinette's eyes were filled with worry as she looked at Tikki.

Tikki put her hand to her chin, thinking intensely.

"Well, I suppose we could have Chloé teleport here with Kaalki, but that plan would involve you revealing your Ladybug. Which could cause some problems....."

Marinette's whole face brightened at the thought of having the Horse Miraculous. She could go home!

"But you would only be able to use it for saving Paris, not going home."

Marinette's hope disappeared. Tikki's reasoning made sense, she just wished in this case it didn't.

She wasn't sure if she was ready to tell Chloé her identity, but she knew if she told Chloé , then she would also tell Adrien.

But was she ready for that?

"Tikki, if I tell Chloé I'm going to tell Adrien as well, but do you think this is the proper time to tell them?"

Tikki looked at her for a long time before finally nodding. "It would be best. As for you telling Adrien, I think that is fine. But they will need to be careful to not get akumatized."

They were older now, no longer young children terrified of Akumas'—no, now they were teenagers frightened by Hawkmoth's presence alone.

But maybe this could bring them together.

She nodded at Tikki, then thought about which way she wanted to tell them.

She pulled out her phone and facetimed Chloé and Adrien at the same time.

"Yello, Mari! How are you?" Chloe said, instantly answering the phone.

"Hello fellow people with brain cells, what can I do to help you today?" Adrien joked.

"Hey guys, I'm fine. But I have something I need to tell you," She paused.

She knew it would be best to get it over with, just making it plain and simple.