Bye Bye Butterfree

Once again, we join our hero, Y/N, on his continuing quest to become a Pokemon master. With his friends, Brock, Misty and Ivysaur, Y/N's next adventure is on the horizon. On their way to Lavender Town and from there to Saffron City, Y/N, Misty, and Brock arrive at a high cliff. They look down from top of the cliff. The waves crash into the rocks below as our heroes look down in worry. 

Y/N: That's a long drop!

Misty: Fall from here and the ball game's over!

Brock checks the map and nods.

Brock: The map says that this ridge leads right to Lavender Town.

Y/N: Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!

Y/N then spots something flying over the direction where they were heading. 

Y/N: What are those?

Misty: They look like Butterfree!

Brock: The Butterfree are celebrating their season of love.

Misty: Love?

Brock: Yeah. The season of love is when Butterfree lay their eggs, the Butterfree find mates and then lay their eggs across the sea.

Y/N: Across the sea?

Brock: That's right.

Misty: How cute!

Y/N: You mean, my Butterfree'd go, too?

Brock: If you don't let it cross the sea, it will never have babies.

Y/N quickly gets out his Pokeball containing Butterfree, in disbelief.

Later

Soon, our heroes find a hot air balloon available to rent and decide to take to the air to let Y/N's Butterfree find a mate.

Misty: I'm surprised that there was a hot air balloon for rent out here.

Brock: We'll probably see lots of other balloons once we get up into the air. Hold on, guys!

Brock pulls a lever and the balloon begins to lift off the ground and gain altitude.

Y/N: What a view!

As everyone looks at the view, until Ivysaur spots something.

Ivysaur: Saur! Ivysaur! (Look! Over there!)

They turn and see a whole swarm of Butterfree.

Misty: Look, there they are!

Brock: Let's go!

They fly a little bit closer to the Butterfree swarm.

Misty: Wow! All the Butterfree are pairing up into couples!

Brock: Okay, Y/N.

Y/N gets Butterfree's Pokeball out.

Y/N: Oh, right! Butterfree, go!

Butterfree materializes in the air and flies off to the flock. 

Y/N: Go out there and find your mate!

Misty: Good luck, Butterfree!

Butterfree flies around, but can't seem to find a mate, to everyone's surprise.

Y/n: Huh?

Brock: Maybe none of those Butterfree is its type.

Misty: What do you mean by "it's type", Brock? The Butterfree all look the same to me.