Who Gets to Keep Togepi?

Y/N and his friends are in for a surprise at this small town Pokemon Center.

Nurse Joy: Are you Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah, that's me.

Nurse Joy: I have a message for you.

Y/N: For me?

Misty: Who do you think sent it?

Brock: Let's see.

Nurse Joy handed him a note. The note is revealed to be from Professor Oak.

Professor Oak (prerecorded voice): Greetings, Y/N! It's Professor Oak! Give me a call when you get the chance.

How does this note have a prerecorded voice? Well that's what I would like to know too.

Y/N: It's from Professor Oak.

Misty: I guess it's been a while since you talked with him.

Y/N heads over to a video phone.

Y/N: Okay, let's see. I hope he's around.

Immediately, the Professor answers.

Y/N : Hi, Professor Oak! It's Y/N!

Prof. Oak: Hello there, Y/N! I suppose my message found its way to you.

Y/N: Yeah.

Prof. Oak: How is everyone? *spots Pikachu and Eevee* Say! Pikachu and Eevee sure are looking well.

Pikachu: Pikachu! (Thanks Professor!)

Eevee: Eevee! (Thanks Professor!)

Misty then appears next to Y/N.

Misty: I'm fine, too!

Brock also appears next to Y/N.

Brock: Me as well!

Prof. Oak: I'm glad to hear it! Well, they say no news is good news, but I do wish you'd let me know how things are going now and then.

Y/N: I know. Sorry Professor. We've been kinda busy.

Y/N notices his Muk peeking into the shot. The Muk then engulfs Professor in a hug.

Prof. Oak: Come on! Cut that out!

Y/N: *chuckles* My Muk seems to be doing okay. What is it doing at your lab by the way?

Prof. Oak: I asked your parents if they could lend it to me for research. I'll say taking care of it hasn't been so easy. *to Muk* Will you behave?

He gets covered by Muk, but manages to get out of it.

Prof. Oak: I almost forgot! Have you heard about the new Pokedex upgrade?

Y/N: Pokedex upgrade? No, I haven't.

Prof. Oak: Well, it's a new upgrade for trainers who are still considered beginners, regardless of how many badges or Pokemon that they have. Now you can get details on even more Pokemon information and discoveries, both past and recent.

Y/N: Cool! How can I get it?

Prof.r Oak: *points down* Just put your Pokedex into that slot and I'll do it. Once upgraded, your Pokedex will have updated databases, and even new voices.

Y/N: *gets out his Pokedex* Alright.

He inserts the Pokedex into the slot. Within seconds, the upgrade is complete.

Prof. Oak: Okay, it's all done.

Y/N takes the Pokedex when it comes out.

Y/N: Thank you, Professor.