Chapter 1: The Rivers Edge (Part 4)

- - - - THE STACY HOME- - - -

Peter and Harry arrive at the Stacy home. Once they reach the front door, Harry starts breathing heavily. Something about being here made him nervous. Peter noticed this and,being a good friend, decided to ring the door bell.

Peter: You good?

Harry: Yeah..yeah, just nervous that's all.

Before Peter could respond, Gwen's father, Assistant Sheriff George Stacy. A gruff ma who was respected in the small town. George didn't approve of Gwen's choice of dating Harry Osborn, but it was better than Flash Thompson or Reggie Mantle.

George Stacy: Peter Parker?! My God is that you son?

Peter: It's nice to see you again Captain Stacy.

George Stacy: The pleasure all mine.

Harry: Sheriff Stacy.

George Stacy: Harry.

    Sheriff Stacy let's the boys into his home as they wait for Gwen to finish up.

Sheriff Stacy: Gwen! Your dates are here!

Gwen[Off-Screen]: Just a second.

Sheriff Stacy: You know I didn't believe when Gwen told me that you were back. How's your aunt doing.

Peter: She's holding on but...I'm sure she'll make it.

Sheriff Stacy: Y'know, it was a real shame what happened to Ben. He and your father were like brothers to me. I hate to imagine what you're going through son. If you or your aunt need anything, don't be afraid to ask.

Peter: Thank you.

    Peter was moved by what Sheriff Stacy was telling him. He thought of him as second father, two Uncle Ben,

Harry: Your house looks nice Sheriff

   Captain Stacy just looks back at Harry. Before he could say anything, Gwen walks down the stairs wearing a gorgeous dress that takes the two teen boys breath away.