Chapter 4: The Last Picture Show (Part 4)

- - - - PARKER HOUSE - - - -    The next day Peter walks down the stairs, still in his pajamas, and heads for the kitchen

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

                     - - - - PARKER HOUSE - - - -
   The next day Peter walks down the stairs, still in his pajamas, and heads for the kitchen. There he sees Aunt May, dressed in her Pops Diner uniform, reading the newspaper.

Peter: Good Morning.

Aunt May: Hey, Sleeping Beauty. Thought I was gonna have to use a bug zapper, to wake you up.

Peter: What time is it?

Aunt May: Almost one, in the afternoon.

Peter: Hopefully I didn't miss exciting. You going to Twilight Drive-In, tonight.

Aunt May: Nah, I have to work. Are you?

Peter: Yeah, maybe.

    Aunt May could hear the trouble, in Peter's voice. She also remembered the Twilight Drive-In was the last night her, Ben, and Peter spent in Riverdale, which was part of the reason why May didn't wanna go. She didn't want Peter to wallow up in sorrow, like she was practically doing.

Aunt May: Hey, I know it seems tough going there, without Ben. But I know, in my heart of hearts, he would've wanted you to go and have fun. So do that, okay?

Peter: Yeah, Aunt May. I'll go.

Aunt May: Great.

- - - - STACY HOME - - - -
   Meanwhile Gwen is sitting in her living room, reading The Scarlet Pimpernel, when suddenly her phone rings. She picks and sees that it's a call from Harry. Gwen was hesitant to answer but knew if she didn't, she'd never hear the end of it. So with all her strength, she presses the green answer button and puts the phone to her ear.

Gwen [OTP]: Hello?

Harry [OTP]: Hey Gwen, listen I may be running a little late to pick you up. Football practice went on a little longer, than expected. But I'm on my way, promise.

Gwen [OTP]: Yeah, sure. I'll be here.

Harry [OTP]: Great, see you soon.

   Gwen quickly hangs up the phone and lets out a deep sigh. She gets back to reading her book but before she can finish a sentence, there's a knock at the front door. Gwen was curious who it could be, since her Dad already left for the Drive-in. She goes to answer and who she sees standing g before brings a shiver to her spine. It was Alice Cooper and behind her was sorrowful looking Betty.

Gwen: Mrs.Cooper? Why are you...

Alice Cooper: Save it, missy. I know everything.