Chapter 6: Faster PussyCat Kill, Kill (Part 2)

- - - - RIVERDALE HIGH GYMNASIUM - - - -     Inside the schools gymnasium sits a lone Gwen Stacy, who is quietly sitting and enjoying her packed lunch

    Inside the schools gymnasium sits a lone Gwen Stacy, who is quietly sitting and enjoying her packed lunch. As she is enjoying being alone and sitting to herself, she then suddenly hears footsteps. She looks and sees Peter walking toward her, with a lunch bag in his hand. A slight twinkle comes from Gwen's eye, as she sees Peter walk toward her.

Peter: Usually it's me or Jughead, who's sitting alone, trying to avoid everybody.

Gwen: Just wanted to see what it's like in your shoes, for awhile.

Peter: Believe me, it's not fun.

Peter motions to free seat next to Gwen, to see if it was okay to sit next to her. Gwen approved and Peter walks over and sits next to her.

Peter: You still upset about you and Harry?

Gwen: Oh no, I've gotten over that.

Peter: Than why are you hiding?

     Gwen than lets out a deep sigh as she begins to explain why she secluding herself from everyone.

Gwen: Its just... I don't like people pitting me. Ever since me and Harry split, I've gotten nothing but looks and people feeling bad for me. Even the teachers are asking if I'm okay. I just want things to go back to the way they were, where I wasn't looked at like some sick puppy. You know what I mean?

Peter: Yeah, I do. But you do know you're not alone, right? You have friends who care about you and wanna make sure that you're okay.

Gwen: But I don't wanna drag you guys into what I'm going through. I don't wanna be the cause of destroying our friendship.

Peter: Gwen, come on. Remember in the second grade, when I got my glasses?

Gwen; Yeah, everyone was bullying you because of it.

Peter: Everyone except for you... and OUR friends.

  Peter than places his arm over Gwen shoulder, comforting her and making sure she listens to every word he's saying to him.

Peter[cont.]: I promise you, Gwen. Nothing is going to break our friend group. You have my word.

    Gwen is doing her best to hold back her tears but Peter's kind words and friendship breaks her. As a single tear drop falls from her face, Peter softly wipes it away.

Gwen: Thank you, Peter

Peter: Anytime, Gwendy.

   Gwen than rest her head in Peter's shoulder, who begins to rub her back. She couldn't explain but whenever Gwen was around Peter, she felt safe. Something she hasn't felt while being with Harry.

- - - - POPS CHOCK'LIT SHOPPE - - - -
Meanwhile, May is working a morning shift, at Pop's, Hermione walks into pick up her order.

Hermione Lodge: Hey May.