Chapter 5: Heart of Darkness (Part 2)

- - - - PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB - - - -     Later on, at school, Peter is in the photo lab when Gwen walks into the photo club as this was routine thing for her

    Later on, at school, Peter is in the photo lab when Gwen walks into the photo club as this was routine thing for her.

Peter: Hey.

Gwen: Hey, what you working on?

Peter: Oh just processing some photos.

Gwen: Sounds exciting.

Peter: Eh, depending on who you ask.

Gwen: How do you feel about it?

Peter: Super exciting. So, Harry up for football captain. Sounds exciting, huh?

Gwen: I guess.

Peter: Yeah well you know what that means, right? Means you'll officially be the B-GOC of Riverdale High.

Gwen: The what?

Peter: B-GOC. You know, Big Girl on Campus. That's what the kids say these days, right?

Gwen: Peter, do me a favor.

Peter: What's that?

Gwen: Never Change.

As the two friends are sharing a nice moment, the door opens and Veronica walks in and interrupts their nice moment.

Peter: Veronica, hey

Veronica: Hey guys

Gwen: Everything okay?

Veronica: Yeah. I was just wondering if I could talk to you, very quickly.

Gwen: Oh sure. Talk to you later, Pete.

Peter: Yeah, of course. See you guys, later.

- - - - RIVERDALE HIGH/HALLWAYS - - - -
Veronica and Gwen step outside in the hallway to have this conversation. Gwen, for a lack of a better terms, is confused about what Veronica wants from her.

Gwen: What's up?

Veronica: Okay, so. I'm gonna need some backup on this thing.

Gwen: What is it?

Veronica: So, in my way of trying to... mend bridges with Cheryl, I may have gotten invited to sleepover at her place.

Gwen: Sounds terrifying.

Veronica: Yes and I was wondering if you could go with me?

Gwen was bewildered by this request. Why, of all the girls at this school, would Veronica invite her to sleepover, especially at Cheryl's house.

Gwen: What?! Why me, why not Betty?

Veronica: Betty is going through her own thing, right now, and from what I hear the Coopers and Blossom aren't exactly friendly, to each other.