Chapter 3: Body Double (Part 3)

- - - - POP'S CHOCK'LIT SHOPPE - - - - That night, at Pop's, the scout is enjoying a nice sundae, with his father

That night, at Pop's, the scout is enjoying a nice sundae, with his father. When his father get up, to pay the check, his sit is then filled by Jughead and Peter

Scout: What the hell, man?

Jughead: My friend, over here, saw the way you looked at us. During Grizzly training. You're hiding something.

Realizing that there was nothing he could do, to get out of this conversation. The young grizzly scout decides to fess up and confess.

Scout: It's Scoutmaster Doily. He's lying.

Jughead: About what?

Scout: The gun. It was him. He was teaching us how to shoot targets.

This mystery just took a whole other turn. Peter and Jughead look at each other, with knowing looks, realizing this mystery was far from over.

Peter: Dilton Doiley shot the gun on July 4th?

Scout: He's a hardcore survivalist. He says if we don't protect ourselves, no one will.

Jughead: Thanks for your time. Enjoy the sundae.

As they're about to head for the door, Harry walks in looking very distraught.

Harry: Hey.

Peter; Hey, Harry. What's up?

Harry: Nothing, umm... Can I talk to you, Pete?

Peter: Like now? I mean...

Jughead: Nah, it's okay. I'll talk to you later.

Peter: Sounds cool.

Jughead walks out, leaving Harry and Peter alone as they grab a booth to talk about what's going on and why Harry looks so weird.

Peter: So, what's up?

Harry: I think I really screwed it with Gwen.

Peter: Why? What happened?

Harry: I didn't get the full story but apparently Chuck claimed he gave Veronica a sticky maple.

Peter's face contorts into utter confusion. Clearly Riverdale had change a lot, in more way than one, since he was a kid.

Peter: A sticky what?

Harry: Don't worry about it. After that I said something... stupid and now Gwen isn't talking to me.

Peter: So what, you want me to give you relationship advice?

Harry: No, God no. You know Gwen better than any of us, hell even me. I just wanna know how I can make things right, with her.

   Peter could tell Harry was troubled by this, but there was nothing that he could say to help. So the only solution he could come up with is tell Harry the truth, the best way they could.