Chapter 4: The Last Picture Show (Part 2)

- - - - - RIVERDALE HIGH - - - -     The next day at school while Jughead is passing out flyers to save the Drive-In theater, Archie and Gwen join him as they discuss what went down at POP's last night

    The next day at school while Jughead is passing out flyers to save the Drive-In theater, Archie and Gwen join him as they discuss what went down at POP's last night.

Archie: How hard it would even be, if you guys would've given me a little heads-up?

Jughead Look, I am, by nature, a conscientious objector. Not saying anything to either you or Betty, was the most moral, apathetic choice I could make.

Gwen: And besides none of us told Betty. You wanna be mad at someone, be mad at Doiley.

Archie: But guys, seriously, she's not going to write about me and Grundy in the paper, is she? Like she did with Chuck?

Jughead: Dude, seriously? Okay. Come on.

Jughead pulls Archie aside, with Gwen following them, so they could talk about this out of earshot from the rest of the student body.

Gwen: Archie, think for a second. If there was even an iota of a chance that something could hurt you in any way, Betty wouldn't do it.

Jughead: Probably.

Archie: Oh, my God.

Gwen: He's kidding. But maybe she has a point. What do you see happening with Grundy, long-term? What do you want?

I want to be with her. I don't know how, but I wanna hang on to what we have for as long as possible.

Gwen looked in Archies eyes and saw how serious he was about this. He could see that Archie was truly in love with Grundy, no matter how weird and messed up he found it, their wasn't much he could do honestly beside just be a good friend and hold onto this secret.

Gwen: Archie, we here for you but we can't force you to do anything you don't wanna do. If you wanna continue this... relationship, with Grundy. Than we'll just have to live with it.

Jughead: She's right. I feel what you're feeling too. I'm also trying to hold on to something a lot older than me, too.

Archie: Just... If Betty's gonna do anything crazy, can you please let me know so I can do something to stop it?

- - - - MUSIC ROOM - - - -
   At the same time, Betty is conducting an interview with Ms. Grundy, for the Blue and Gold, with Peter there as her photographer. Ms.Grundy feels uncomfortable about the whole thing, while Betty has altering motives for the mock interview.

Betty: Thank you for taking the time, Ms. Grundy. Like I said, the Blue and Gold is doing a series of articles spotlighting teachers, and you're our first.