Chapter 3: Body Double (Part 2)

- - - - DOWNTOWN RIVERDALE - - - -    Later that night, in the busy downtown Riverdale, Peter, now dressed as Spider-Man, is enjoying the quiet and breezy night that his the area

Later that night, in the busy downtown Riverdale, Peter, now dressed as Spider-Man, is enjoying the quiet and breezy night that his the area. Inside, he wishes every night was as quite as this.

Spider-Man: Peter's Web, Day 135. A quiet night, so far. Man, I'm not used to this. Haven't heard from the Enforcers since yesterday. Maybe they found a new leaf... or maybe their half way to Rikers, right about now.

As Spider-Man is sitting on the edge of the skyscraper, looking over the busy district of the small town. Something ponders in his mind, that blinds his enjoyment of this quiet nightlife.

Spider-Man [cont.]: I wonder if I made the right choice working at the Blue and Gold. Maybe I was pressured or maybe it's my little helper spirit, but I only hope I made the right choice.

After that statement, he turns off the tape recorder and puts in his packet and leaps off the building and begins to swing around

- - - - RIVERDALE HIGH - - - -
The next day, at school, Kevin, Betty, and Gwen walk over to Veronica's locker as they want the low down on what happened during her date, with Chuck.

Kevin: So, how'd it go with Chuck?

Veronica: Chuck has muscles for days, but his conversation is not the stuff of Oscar Wilde, or even Diablo Cody.

As she's continues getting things out of her locker, two girls snicker and walk by Veronica and give her unfriendly looks.

Girl#1: Hey, Veronica. How was the Sticky Maple you had last night?

Veronica: The what now?

Girl#2: The Sticky Maple Chuck gave you? How was it?

Veronica: We had a brownie sundae, if that's what you hyenas mean.

As they walk pass and continue to laugh, Kevin phone begins to ping and absolute horror fall upon the three friends face.

Kevin: Oh, my God.

Veronica: What?

Veronica snatches the phone away and what's she sees on the screen catches her off guard. What she sees is picture of her and Chuck that's been edited with a smudge of syrup on her face. Under the photo involves the caption #stickymaple. Veronica is very confused and upset at what she is seeing.

Veronica: What the hell is a Sticky Maple?

Kevin: It's kind of what it sounds like. It's a Riverdale thing.

Veronica: No, Kevin, it's a slut-shaming thing. And I'm neither a slut, nor am I going to be shamed by someone named, excuse me, Chuck Clayton. Does he really think he can get away with this? Does he not know who I am? I will cut the brakes on his souped-up phallic symbol.