Chapter 5: Heart of Darkness (Part 4)

- - - - PARKER HOME/FRONT PORCH - - - -    After the memorial May invited the Stacy's back to her house, for something to eat

After the memorial May invited the Stacy's back to her house, for something to eat. While May and George are inside, Gwen and Peter are outside sitting on the front porch.

Peter: That was... quite the evening.

Gwen: Yeah.

Peter: So, how was the sleepover.

Gwen: Honestly, It was... kinda sad.

Peter: What do you mean?

Gwen: Cheryl is going through a lot, right now, and I don't just mean Jason. Her family is an absolute nightmare.

Peter: I mean yeah we knew they were kinda creepy.

Gwen: It's not just that, Pete. The way they treat her is just... I would never wish that life on anyone, no matter how bitchy they may seem.

Peter: Yeah. I think I'm starting to understand why her and Harry have such a connection.

Gwen: Me too.

Seeing Gwen's face, which shows how upset she is. Peter decides to buckle down and confront the issue, between Gwen and Harry, head on.

Peter: Speaking of Harry, and I know this non of my business, but I think you two should really talk.

Gwen: You don't think I try? Harry's the one who's is constantly shutting me out and keeping me at a distance. Almost like he wants nothing to do with me.

Peter: Back in New York, Aunt May and Uncle Ben used to fight a lot.

Gwen: Wait really?

Peter: Oh yeah, and sometimes it wouldn't be pretty.

Gwen: How would they fix it?

Peter: After every fight they would have, they'd go in separate rooms and stay there for the whole night. The next morning they would get up, go downstairs to the kitchen, sit down... and talk it out. After that, they'd be good as new. So you see Gwen? What you and Harry are going through is completely normal. Every couple has there rough patches but they come out of it stronger than ever.

Rejuvenated about fixing things, Gwen gives Peter a big smile and hugs him. Peter, at first, is surprised by this and then shortly after embraces her.

Gwen: Thank you, Peter.

Peter: You're welcome, Gwen.

- - - - PARKER HOUSE/PETERS BEDROOM - - - -
The sun is beginning to set on the small town as Peter is in his bedroom, finishing the damages that was left on his suit thanks to the Shocker. Once he's completed he picks up his mask and holds it in his hands. He walks to his bedroom mirror and realizes that if his suspicions about Wilson Fisk are true, than he has responsibility to do the right thing.