Chapter 4: The Last Picture Show (Part 3)

- - - - RIVERDALE CITY HALL - - - -

    The next morning Peter and Jughead are currently inside the Mayor Sierra McCoy's office, as Jughead is pleading for the Mayor to keep Twilight Drive-In open.

Mayor McCoy: I'm sorry, but the Twilight Drive-In?
It's a blight that's become a cesspool, and a hangout for criminals...and transients, and the deal's done.
Andrews Construction is scheduled to demolish the lot on Monday.

Jughead: Mayor McCoy, when I was a kid, my family and I would go to the drive-in all the time. We couldn't afford tickets for everyone, so my sister Jellybean and I would hide in the trunk until we parked. We'd sneak out. It's like my home.

As Peter is overhearing what Jughead is saying he felt, deep down, sorry for him. He knew how much that old theater meant to him and shush there was something that he could do. Mayor McCoy, on the other hand, is empathetic to Jughead's plea.

Mayor McCoy: That's a very sweet sentiment, Mr. Jones. But the future of Riverdale is at stake.

   After the meeting, the two boys walk outside and wonder what their next step is

Peter: So, what's the next step?

Jughead: Mr.Andrews took the contract to tear the place down. I'll try and talk to him and see if there's something he can do. I appreciate you coming by to help.

Peter: It's no problem, Jug. Believe it or not, but the Twilight Drive-In also means a lot to me. The day before we left for New York, Uncle Ben treated me and Aunt May to a night at the Drive-In. They were playing Terminator: Judgement Day, that night. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Jughead: Hey. I'm glad to have fellow movie lover fight for the protection of cinema.

Jughead pats Peter on the back, who winces with pain. Jughead notices this and steps back, as he worries about what's wrong with his childhood friend.

Jughead[cont.]: Woah, you okay?

Peter: Yeah just had trouble sleeping, last night, that's all. I'll talk to you later, alright?

Jughead: Yeah, talk to you later.

Peter and Jughead walk in opposite directions and as they walk away, Peter begins to rub his back as the pain from his fight with the Shocker remains.

- - - - POP's DINER - - - -
   Meanwhile Archie is being hounded by Betty, Veronica and Gwen as the three girls have taken it upon themselves to do their own little investigation on Ms.Grundy. Archie is not amused.

Betty: Ms. Grundy showed up in Riverdale a year ago, out of thin air. There's no record of her before that.

Gwen: Her Facebook, her Linkedln account, they were all created one year ago. Before that, she's a ghost. She doesn't exist.