Chapter 7: In a Lonely Place (Part 1)

JUGHEAD VO: What makes a place feel like home?

- - - - LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW STAGE - - - -

   The curtains opens and a late night talk show host comes out, the crowd applauds when shortly after he introduces the main act.

Talk show host: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Amazing Spider-Man!!!

Falling from the ceiling is non other that the Amazing Spider-Man, wearing a brand new suit.

The crowd goes absolutely wild when he shows up. He then begins to perform some tricks and spectacular feats. The feats range from acrobatics to demonstrating his web shooters. Once he completes his impressive feats, the crowd erupts in roaring applause. The late night shows walks up next to Spider-Man, who later takes off his mask revealing himself as Peter Parker.

JUGHEAD VO: Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized, make-believe version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance?

Girls storm the stage, with pictures and drawings of a mask-less Spider-Man, as they surround Peter and beg him to sign them. In the crowd of adoring female fans are Betty, Veronica, Cheryl, and Josie. Guys also jump into the crowd to take selfies and shake hands with Peter. In the crowd of guys include Archie, Flash, Harry, Reggie, and Jughead.

JUGHEAD VO: Or is it simple safety?

As Peter is overwhelmed with the admiration, he looks up and sees Uncle Ben and Aunt May looking from bellow in the audience stands. A look of proudness is shown on their faces as they look at the magnificent achievement their nephew has achieved.

Suddenly, the look on Peter's face becomes absolute horror when he sees an sinister man standing up behind both Aunt May and Uncle Ben and pulling out a gun from his belt. Peter tries to get to them but the crowd is so overwhelming and is growing, by the minute, that they take him farther and farther away from his Aunt and Uncle. He is helpless and can do nothing but watch as they are both shot. Before the trigger is pulled, Peter wakes up in a cold sweat and realizes that it was all a dream.