Chapter 6: Faster PussyCat Kill, Kill (Part 4)

- - - - THE BLUE AND GOLD - - - -     The next morning, at school, Peter is in the Blue and Gold offices, with Betty and Gwen, as they recap what happened at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy and Polly

The next morning, at school, Peter is in the Blue and Gold offices, with Betty and Gwen, as they recap what happened at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy and Polly. As the two girls are explaining what happened, Peter is completely out of it and not paying any attention to them. He was too busy thinking about what he heard from that officer, last night, about a reward on his head.

Peter was at a lost for thought and wondered how was he gonna handle this situation, now knowing that there was a bounty on his head. Suddenly, he hears his name be called and he immediately jumps out of it.

Betty: Peter?!

Peter looks up and sees Betty and Gwen staring at him, with concerned looks, as Peter tried to regain himself.

Betty[cont.]: You okay?

Peter: Yeah, yeah. Um, what did your parents say again, Betty?

Betty: Yeah, well, My Dad claims that he had nothing to do with Jason's death.

Gwen: Do you believe him?

Betty: Based on my moms reaction, not only does she believes he didn't do it. She said that she wished that he killed Jason.

Peter and Gwen then look at each others. With hearing some news like that, they didn't know how to react or even what to say. As the three sat there silent, Peter came out and said the thing that was on everybody's mind.

Peter: Well, what do we do now?

   Both Betty and Gwen are at a lost for words, as they both wonder what they say, but they were almost thinking what to do next.

             - - - - RIVERDALE HIGH HALLWAYS - - - -

In the hallway, Peter walks to his locker and before he opens it, he lets out a big sigh. Once he begins to take books out of his locker, he feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns around to see Gwen standing behind him.

Gwen: Hey.

Peter: Hey. Pretty crazy stuff, huh?

Gwen: I'd say. Is everything okay?

Peter: Yeah, of course. Why?

Gwen: I don't know. It's just that you seem pretty out of it, earlier.

It doesn't take long for Peter to remember what she's talking about. Like usual, he has to think of something quick to get Gwen off the trail of his "personal" life.

Peter: Oh that? It was nothing. I was just dozing off, that's all.

Gwen can tell that something is going on with Peter but she's learned, the hard way, not to pry into peoples personal life.