Chapter 2: A Touch of Evil (Part 1)

JUGHEAD VO: I think many of us, maybe the entire town, had been hoping against hope that somehow Jason Blossom hadn't drowned on July 4th

JUGHEAD VO: I think many of us, maybe the entire town, had been hoping against hope that somehow Jason Blossom hadn't drowned on July 4th. That we'd come to school Monday morning, and there Jason would be. Or that we'd see him and Cheryl in a booth at Pop's. But that was before the undeniable, irrevocable fact of his bloated, water-logged body, a corpse with a bullet hole in its forehead, and terrible secrets that could only be revealed by the cold, steel blade of a coroner's autopsy scalpel, or the telltale beat of a guilty heart

- - - - PARKER HOME/PETERS BEDROOM - - - -
The next morning, Peter is getting ready for school. As he puts his jacket on, he feels a sharp pain on his side, after dealing with the Enforcers last night, he wondered what the deal was with those guys and who was this "Kingpin?"

- - - - PHAT GUY MECHANICS- - - -
That same morning, Assistant Sheriff George Stacy arrives at Phat Gut Mechanic, a local mechanic shop, in the Southside of Riverdale, that's referred to as Switzerland for both the Southside Serpents and The Ghoulies. As Stacy walks through the parking lot, both Serpents and Ghoulies give him the stink eye, with Stacy giving it right back to them.

   As Stacy walks to the front door, Ox steps in-front of the entrance, stopping him in his places. As others would be intimidated by Ox's size, Stacy doesn't bat an eye.

Ox: You have an appointment?

George Stacy: Sorry, I'm a special case.

Ox: No appointment, No enter.

George Stacy: Y'know... I don't like to be touched.

    As a stare down between Ox and Stacy begins, Fancy Dan comes out of the front entrance and whispers something into Ox's ear. Suddenly, Ox moves out the way as both Ox and Dan joking gestures for Stacy to enter.

   As Stacy walks in, he heads to the main office and there he encounters Wilson Fisk, who is sitting behind a desk signing documents.

Wilson Fisk: Sheriff Stacy. What do I owe the pleasure?

George Stacy: Assistant Sheriff, thank you. And I have some questions for you Wilson

Wilson Fisk: By all means.

   Fisk gestures for George to take a seat. George accepts, as Wilson returns back behind the desk.

George Stacy: I'm sure you heard Jason Blossom's body was found in Sweet-water River and...

Wilson Fisk: And you think I had something to do with it correct?

Wilson Fisk: Well, let me start off by saying that the Blossom family have my condolences. As a father myself to lose a child is... not a great feeling. And if anything happens to my son, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. But, I wasn't in Riverdale during the week of the 4th. I was in New York, finalizing my divorce.

   He reaches into his drawer and pulls out a Manila folder, with some documents inside. He hands them to George Stacy who looks inside to sees proof that proves Wilson was in New York, during the time of Jason's Death.