What She Left Behind

*Smut warning *

The boys had just returned from visiting a friend of theirs that turned into a case. Castiel, who Jade now was well aware was not Castiel, had returned and she was on edge.

"Surprised you didn't join us Cass" Dean said cracking a beer, "you could have had a visit with Claire".

"I'll join you next time" He brushed it off. He looked to Jade whose jaw clenched for a moment. "Claire is my vessel's kid" he explained.

"Wow" she nodded, "you're already a better father than mine".

"Better be careful Jade" Sam joked, "women with Daddy issues is sort of Dean's bread and butter".

Jade gave Dean a knowing look. She wasn't on his radar, "I think I'm good" she nodded at him. Her attention turned to the clenched jaw of Castiel's vessel. "Dean hasn't even made a dirty joke in my presence" she added. His jaw relaxed. "And Daddy issues typically have someone wanting for attention, I prefer to go unnoticed".

"How is that even possible" Castiel asked?

"Says the Angel" she nodded.

"I think I've got a case" Sam announced to Dean. "Nineteen deaths, hearts ripped out".

Jade gasped sarcastically, "And on Valentine's day"?

"What's Valentine's day" Castiel asked?

"We've been over this one Cass" Dean replied.

Castiel shrugged.

"That holiday in February" Dean started to list off, "couples express their love, single women at the bars get loose".

"Or play the victim and cry to themselves" Jade added and faked crying "Why can't I find a man"?

"Which one are you" Castiel asked her?

"Haven't you heard" she asked? "I'm a mated to an Angel. I don't exactly fall into the cookie-cutter female stereotypes".

Castiel grinned at her. She glanced at him and then away.

"Jesus Cass" Dean snarled, "buy her a rose and call it a day. She ain't biting".

Jade got up and walked back to her room.

Dean walked up to Cass and whispered, "I really don't think you want to be barking up that tree buddy" he warned.

"Why is that" He asked?

Sam listened for Jade's door to latch before continuing, "We think we know who her mate is".

"Who"?

"Lucifer" Dean added. "The way they both were in the cage. I hate to say this, but the way that Angels are supposed to be with her, she should still be walking bull legged".

"And she walked out without a scratch" Sam nodded.

"Huh" Castiel nodded.

"I mean Cass, is the draw to her as bad as she says"?

"You have no idea" he replied.

"So" Dean shrugged.

"I hear ya".

"Do us a favor" Sam asked? "Keep an eye on her"?

"Of course" he replied, faking sincerity.

The boys had left, leaving the Angel and his mate, alone.

"You need to be careful" Lucifer told Jade.

"Do I" she cocked an eyebrow?

"Yes" he nodded, "they asked Castiel to watch you".