Wake up

Jade's eyes fluttered open and she inhaled. All she could see was black. Not that this was a dark place it was just black, nothingness, empty. She was laying down, but she slowly sat up. She looked down at her hands, memories starting to filter back to her. She finally remembered taking Lucifer's hand and walking with him into oblivion.

"Why am I awake" she croaked out, her voice apparently being a little rusty?

"I was wondering the same."

Her reflexes snapped her head in the direction of the voice. It looked like...her. Was this her doppelganger from the other world. "The fuck do you want" she snarled?

"Me" she asked? "Sleep. Seriously all I want. So why is it in the last three years or so, people keep waking up?" She ended her question shouting. This wasn't the doppelganger.

"Who are you" Jade asked?

"Hmm" she replied. "Maybe looking like you wasn't the best choice to put you at ease." Before another word was said she turned into Castiel. Then Vince, then the President, until finally she changed into Nick, covering every vessel she'd known Lucifer to occupy. "Is this better?" The voice was now Nick's, but it still lacked the timber that made it Lucifer.

"Next question" Jade leaned back on the balls of her hand. "What are you?"

"I've been called a lot of things" he replied. "Most would call me, the Empty."

"The entity that runs...the empty" she clarified.

"Oh good, you're keeping up" he barbed. "Which brings me back to my question." In one smooth movement his forehead was pressed to hers menacingly. "Why are you awake? You belong to me now and I say you should be sleeping. Softly, for all eternity."

"You do know who you're talking to right?"

There was no timber missing from that voice. Both Jade and the empty found the source. Lucifer stood feet away crossing his arms and grinning smugly.

"There you are" the Empty stood upright and glowered at him. "I'd wondered where you'd gotten to."

"What can I say" he placed his hands in his pockets and shrugged? "Big man calls, you pick up."

"Now that I have you both here again--."

"Oh we won't be staying" Lucifer told him casually. "I just came back for my mate." He removed his offhanded attention from the Empty to her, giving her a smile. "Hi babe" he playfully waved at her.

"You think you're a match for me" the Empty spat at him?

Lucifer pursed his lips then gave a sharp nod, "yeah I do." His eyes were glowing red as he blasted the empty back about fifty feet. He then stepped towards Jade and extended a hand down to her. "Come with me if you want to live" he sneered. "Again."

She took his hand to walk into this place so there was no hesitation to take it to leave. She reached her hand up and he pulled her to her feet. He embraced her, pulling her body flush against him. "Did you get sexier, or did I just miss you?" There was the sound of flapping wings and instantly the two left the empty.

Suddenly they landed in a dark city street. Or it looked like a city street. It was a small city, maybe a town. But there was no traffic. No sound actually. Not even crickets. It was eerie and uncomfortable.

She looked around attempting to get her bearings. "Where are we" she asked?

"Lebanon Kansas" a familiar voice spoke, it's owner emerging from the shadows.

"Chuck" Jade huffed.

"Hello Jade" he nodded folding his hands in front of his torso. "You're looking well."

"Must be the beauty sleep" she scoffed at him. "What the hell is going on?"

"Dad called me to the plate babe" Lucifer explained.

"What" she asked, feeling she understood even less than before?

"See Jade" Chuck started to explain. "I was attempting to wipe the slate clean. Start over in literally every existing universe. I was successful in most. But those rascally--."

"Winchesters" she nodded, understanding where this story was going. "They weren't on board with your plan."

"Not so much" he confirmed.

"I don't begin to understand what goes on in the mind of those two" she replied. "But I think I get where they're coming from on this one. They sorta live here."

"Well they still do" Chuck nodded. "But it's a solitary existence these days."

"Wow this whole cryptic thing is getting old fast" she said derisively.

"Dad got rid of every living creature on the planet, except the Winchesters" Lucifer told her gleefully.

"There were exceptions" Chuck corrected. "Your kids are still here."

"And Castiel" Jade nodded rolling her eyes.

"No he was gone before I did this" Chuck replied.

Jade stopped for a moment. "Celeste must be devastated."

"She is" Chuck confirmed in a flippant manner. "They all are."

"We knew she could do better" Lucifer continued dismissing Jade's concern. "Babe listen, Dad and I, we're good. He's offered me a universe. Brought you back for me. I gotta tell ya, I'm psyched."

"Uh huh" Jade turned her attention back to Chuck. "All out of the goodness of his heart?" She asked the question with severe skepticism, stepping closer to Chuck. "No ulterior motivation whatsoever?"

"Well he needs me to do one tiny thing" Lucifer admitted scratching the back of his neck. "Kill Michael.:

She spun around narrowing her eyes at Lucifer. "Michael is dead."

"No actually" he explained. "The Michael you met is dead, the one from the other universe. The one from this universe is still very much alive and wearing a little Winchester."

"Even Dean isn't dumb enough to say yes to Michael twice" She snapped.

"Not Dean, Adam" Chuck clarified. "Their half-brother."

"Fuck" she snapped. "Another fucking Winchester."

"Adam is gone" Chuck explained. "But Michael has decided he's best off helping them fight against me."