The Line in the Sand

Are you safe?

We are. Belphagor had alerted us just before you told us to run.

There's a reason I didn't smite him I guess.

We're coming

Wait. Is Celeste ready for this?

She's an arch angel

A fledgling, no experience.

I see your point

Get her ready, if we need you, I'll call.

I hate being away from you

I'll make it up to you when we're together again.

"Celeste" Jade nodded, looking at her daughter "attack Belphagor".

"My Queen" Belphagor asked?

"She's going to hesitate against me" Jade shook her head before she looked at the demon. "You know I wouldn't let her kill you. Belphagor I want you to subdue my daughter".

Celeste lunged at Belphagor as he stepped aside before putting her in an arm lock, unsheathing her arch angel blade and placing it to ger throat.

"Okay" Jade nodded, "all the juice, no pulp, got it".

Jade quickly explained to Celeste in physical combat to avoid being the attacker where she clearly wasn't ready to be. Instead use the approach of her attacker to anticipate her move.

She then blindfolded her daughter and instructed her to block her attacks. Celeste needed to learn to trust her Instincts, she wasn't always going to be attacked head on.

She taught her to wield her blade. She rushed to implement as much training as she could in the weeks to come. Checking in on Lucifer, as his power slowly returned. Castiel was apparently fine as well though annoying.

Celeste was a quick study, though Jade wondered if it would matter. The reality was her daughter simply needed refining, the raw talent and strength was there. But this was still her child. In the thick of battle, would Jade actually let her stand on her own? Even if she was strong, would Jade let Celeste be in the line of danger?

It took a month, but finally, the day came, "attack me". Jade nodded to her daughter.

"I can't" Celeste argued?

"Do you want your mate back" Jade pushed her? "Because my first priority is your father. Castiel is an afterthought".

Celeste looked at her mother hesitantly, before she lunged at her. Much like when she'd attacked Belphagor the first time Jade stepped to the side.

"You're better than that" Jade shouted, "come on. I'm Asmodeus, I have your mate locked up and if you don't get it together, I will kill him".

Celeste screamed in anger and ran at her mother she swung, Jade blocked. She attempted to sweep Jade's leg, she jumped.

"You already thought he was dead once" Jade shouted, "can you do that again"?

Celeste screamed as she waved her hand throwing her mother against wall before appearing in front of her and grabbing her by the throat, pinning her with one hand as she punched the wall beside her mother's head and caved in the stone.

"That's my girl" Jade choked out with a smile.

"Am I ready" Celeste asked her calming her breath and lowering her mother back to her feet?

"You're ready" Jade nodded. "Let's go raise some Hell".

Jade was fierce, Celeste aspired to be as strong and brave as her mother as she gazed upon her with admiration. None the less she thought her mother reckless for what she was about to do.