A Sense of Belonging

* Milestone Post, 500 Views*

"What is she doing here" Dean boomed as Jade and Castiel scaled down the stairs of the bunker.

"Aw and you're just a ray of sunshine" she smiled sarcastically at him. "I'm here for my kids".

"Well kid" a familiar voice scoffed at her, "only one is really yours".

Jade's gaze turned to the source as her jaw dropped. "How are you still breathing, Fire crotch"?

"You mean after you and your mate left me for dead" she asked?

"No no" Jade corrected. "You weren't left for dead, you were dead. Head stomped in; chard remains. Only think left to distinguish you was one of your fabulous evening gowns".

"Well well well" another familiar voice rang out. "You're even feistier than I remember". The archangel Gabriel came around the corner and folded his arms giving her a wink.

"Seriously" she scoffed, "you mean to tell me the draw wasn't just the angel mate thing"?

"Small and angry is sorta my jam" he shrugged, playfully grinning at her.

She rolled her eyes. "Not exactly used to being hit on by angels anymore. If they're not my mate, they're psychotic and want me chained and under their thumb".

"Hey, I'm game if you are sweets" Gabriel nodded his head.

"Okay" Dean barked, "Enough with the archangel love connection. Cas why is she here"?

"Dean these are her kids" Castiel explained, "She's more motivated than most to get in and out of this world safely. And let's be honest, Jade is added muscle we could use".

"Not to mention, I've been there" Jade nodded, "And I am quite capable of manipulating Michael. He likes me more than the Jade he has on retainer over there".

"Are all the archangels just into you" Dean grimaced?

"I dunno" she shrugged, "Never met Raphael".

"So, listen sweets" Gabriel winked at her, "I was just about to extract my grace for this little ritual. Care to give me a" he cleared his throat, "Hand"?

She brandished her blade, "Sure come on over, I'll slice it out for you".

"You're barking up the wrong tree Gabriel" Sam nodded, "She's loyal to Lucifer".

"Can't be too loyal if she's here" Rowena scoffed.

"Going to save his children" Jade nodded, "You would call that disloyal"?

The group congregated in the library as Rowena flipped through the Black Grimoire to prepare the spell.

"Can I do anything" Jade offered to her?

"As I recall our last collaboration didn't go according to plan" Rowena glared at her.

"It went according to your plan" Jade nodded, "The outcome you'd hoped for just happened to fall on me".

"No thank you Jade" Rowena sneered, "I have this under control, thank you".

"No worries, Row-row" Jade winked, amused at her irritation.

"Here it is!" Gabriel marched back into the room triumphantly with a vial in his hand. "The final ingredient -- a fresh serving of archangel grace".

"Aw Gabe" Jade laughed, "You're all talk aren't ya"?

The vial contained perhaps a few drops of grace. He placed it in front of Rowena, who seemed to share Jade's reaction. "This is what you call a serving"?

"That is the jet fuel of divine emissions" he defended. "I'd like to see you do better"

"I'm just a hybrid, but I think I could" Jade nodded with a raised eyebrow.

"It'll be more than enough to get the job done" Gabriel scowled at the two women.

Jade and Rowena exchanged looks. "And size doesn't matter either" Jade shook her head.