1. Her...

I wore my black large hood that engulfed my whole body upto my thighs and paired it with my black jeans. I put my long hairs in a bun and wore a beanie over it. Then pulled my hood over it. I looked at myself in the mirror I was looking like a boy, a teenage boy with boy facial hair but a boy. I hope no one recognize me as a girl.

I went out, it was night time and there were barely few people's around. I live in a very secluded area of the city, a very dangerous one. Where each day everyone is found dead or beaten to pulp. It is the hub of many crimes. My house is a very skimpy house with only one room and a living room connected with a small kitchen.

I looked sound there were few drunk men wandering around and some drug sellers hiding in the shadows. I was walking with confidence as a boy, if I wasn't disguised as a boy I am not sure I would be that confident. This place is not good for men and for girls it's a .....! I am only walking alone in peace beacuse everyone is thinking I am a boy. Hence the reason for me to disguise as a boy. It made life a little easy but still not that good. I am barely living, and the only money that comes is from stealing from others. Yes I am a thief, a pickpocket!

I have never indulge in big crimes yet and I like to stay like this. As I was walking I saw a man in his late 40s throwing up on the side walk. He looked a little rich which makes him my next victim. I hope he has enough money in his pocket that I would not have to steal for few days. I went to him and start thumping his back hardly but not that hard.

"Mr are you okay?" I asked feigning care, he gave me a pained look and then start throwing again. He was drunk! Which makes him an easy prey. With one hand I was rubbing his back as if to help him and my other hand was going towards his pocket discreetly. He was too tired to notice. I pulled out his wallet and stepped away a little. I looked in his wallet and saw crispy dollar bills inside. My eyes shone with happiness as I pulled out all the money living only a hundred bill inside. What if he has to take a taxi? I thought and then I put the money in my pocket and turned towards him. Now he was sitting on the ground with his head in both his hands.

"Is this your wallet, I found it there" I said and pointed towards left direction. He looked at the wallet and snatched it from my hand.

"Should I hail a taxi for you?" I asked innocently to which he glared at me and cursed under his breath.

"Get lost kid" he grumbled and I shrugged going towards opposite direction with a biggest grin on my face. Yeah! I don't have to steal for whole next week.

With that thought I ran towards the nearest convenience store and bought some essential things mostly instant food, chips, soft drinks and cereals. I can't cook to save my life, I once tried to and I almost lit my house to fire. After that I didn't even try to. I grab a takeout from a nearby restaurant before leaving to my home. It waw more quiet when I came back. I still feel sacred when I pass through the streets but my hidden identity always gives me some power.

I went to my house and locked the door behind me. It's better safe than sorry. But if any one breaks in I am sure they won't find any valuable thing here. As I placed the shopping bags on kitchen counter I took my food and went to sit on my worn out couch in the living room. I turn on my TV, yes I have a TV but it's pretty old and is near to being expired. I bought it from the second hand electronics shop at very cheap price.

I ate my ramen when my cat meowed and sat beside my feet. Oops! I forgot to give her food.

"I am so sorry, Roxy" I told her. Roxy was a a stray cat, one day I found her infront of my door. She was so small so I decided to keep her. I tried to find her mother, I really tried to but we both couldn't find her do I took her in and since then she is my best friend. I put some cat food in her bowl, she eagerly starts eating. She is a very good cat she never complains and annoys me. She even understands me so much even though she only meows in return but still it's good to know someone needs me and cares for me.

We both girls finished our dinner and then watched some show on the TV. It was boring so we both head off to bed. I removed my hoodie and wore my night shirt. I laid down on my bed and Roxy laid near me foot as I covered both of us with blankets and we both succumb to deep peaceful sleep with no worries for next few days. After that we will think of what to do next.

Don't forget to tell me how you think about my story in the comment section❤️