27. Truth came out!

"Just tell us and you two will be free" I heard a voice said, I barely opened my eyes and I felt like I am bound in restraints, I was sitting on a chair my hands and legs were bound to the chair. Then I saw a buff guy hitting Max, he was bleeding profusely. His face was a mess.

"Max!" I called in horror.

"You are awake, Good morning" said Ian from the front. We were in a room with no windows just a door which was open right now. The place was so old and dirty, it looks like a warehouse. Ian came towards me and sat infront of me as a guard placed a chair for him.

"Look kid, I don't know what you are doing with them but I know that you are not like them. So I will ask you one thing If you answer it I will let you and your friend go" he said as he looked at me.

I realized my cap was still on my head and I don't know how is that even possible but I am thankful.

"What?" I asked him, my voice was husky as my throat was dry.

"No Vincent you are not telling him anything" Max spoke sternly and gave me a look not to say anything.

"Vincent look at me, he is stupid. He would prefer to die then giving me some answers but I can see you are smart enough so I will ask you one thing just one thing and then you both can go" he smiled at me.

"Vince he is lying, he will kill us" Said Max, I was confused.

"Just tell me where Asher lives? It's so simple right?" He smiled at me in a friendly way.

"I ... " I was thinking whether to tell him or not but one look at Max and I decided.

"I don't know" I said and looked down. His face changes from happy to anger.

"Then I am sorry I can't help you, my guys have other ways to get it out of you and I am sure you will break first" he threatened. I gulped in fear. He got a call and went out to pick it.

"Max .. " I looked at him with teary eyes, I was scared to death.

"Vince don't worry, they will find us" he reassured me with a smile. His eye was busted, his forehead was bleeding. His lips and cheeks were bruised too. His hand was also bleeding where the bullet grazed him but the bleeding has stopped somewhat now.

"You are bleeding" I croaked out.

"I am fine okay! Just don't worry" he reassured me.

"You did good by not telling him" he smiled at me.

"I don't think so" a voice said as I looked up, I was frozen. There stood the same guy beacuse of whom I had to leave my house. He was the same guy from whom I saved Asher that day. God help me!

"I looked for you everywhere you little mouse and finally I have you" he smirked as he came closer to me.

"Stay away from him" Max yelled at him but the other guy fisted max in his gut.

"Because of you I lost him that day and my boss nearly killed me because of that, because of you piece of shit" he said as he leaned towards me and then he backhanded me so hardly I feel like I am seeing stars. If I wasn't bound to the chair I am sure I would have been on the floor right now, my cheek is stinging badly and.... my cap .... it fell!

"What we gave here?" The guy was shocked but then his face turn into a devilish grin.

"Now I know why I couldn't find you" he gritted out. But u was only worried about one thing Max! I looked at Max and to say he was shocked was a small thing, he looked hurt.

"You ... are a girl" he whispered out.

"That's interesting you lied to your friend too" that guy said and then he backhanded me once again and this time I fell on the floor along with my chair. It hurts like he'll, my face is numb by now.

"Don't touch hi... her" Max yelled out loudly and I can tell he was angry.

"Jeff don't touch her, you know that boss id against hurting women and children" the buff guy said.

"Do you think I care. This little piece of shit embarassed me that day, I will kill her" he said and then he kicked in my stomach and I felt like I can't breathe, my eyes were tearing up. I can hear Max in the background stopping Jeff or whatever his name is but this guy was crazy. He was kicking me like I am some punching bag, I can feel blood coming from mouth by now. Any more minute I am sure I will pass out by the amount of pain I felt. I was dragged back to that moment when Marco was hitting me and my mother, he locked me in my room and was beating me like there's no tomorrow.

"What is happening here?" A loud voice said and Jeff stopped in his tracks. I closed my eyes and whimpered in pain. I feel like I am going to die.

"Boss this is a girl, the same girl who saved Asher that day. He was disguising as a boy" Jeff said in a proud voice but next moment he fell on the ground as Ian punched him.

"I told you many times we don't hurt women" he screamed at him. Then I heard footsteps near me and my ropes were opened, my hair were hiding my face. As Ian removed my hairs away from my face.

"Rapunzel.." He whispered lightly. I opened my eyes that was way difficult and I looked at his expressions, he looked worried and angry. Then he stood up and I heard a loud gunshot. He killed .. Jeff.

"Calle Steve now, tell him to tend to her wounds.

Then he picked me up and laid me down on an old couch which was placed in the corner of the room.

"I am so sorry Rapunzel. I didn't know it was you" he said as he tucked my hairs away from my face.

Then a guy came in, he looked like we was a doctor. He had first aid kit in his hand, a guard placed a chair for him infront of me as he sat on it. Ian stand slightly away but still close.

"May I?" Steve the doctor asked Ian instead of me to look at my stomach. I was in so much pain that I couldn't fight him when I felt him tuck my hoodie up to see the bruises that I am sure look nasty on my stomach. His face turned into a wince when he saw that. So it looked bad! I exhaled heavily when I felt him touch and prod on different spots. I was whimpering mess by then he was done with his examination.

"Boss she has two broken ribs and her stomach is badly bruised, bruise will gone in 2 to 3 weeks. Jeff did number on her" said Steve and I saw Ian's angry face. I looked in Max's direction he was looking in my direction with worried face. He was upset with me but still he cares.

"Here I will put ice packs on the bruises it will help but avoid moving too much" he told me as he put an ice pack on my ribs. I was whimpering in pain.

"Can you do something for her pain?" Ian asked him.

"I can give her a sedative, it will help with the pain but she will be dizzy" he said.

"Then give her the sedative as long as it helps with the pain" said Ian and then I felt a needle in my arm and I felt light.

With my hazy gaze I saw Ian sitting on the chair as Steve left. I caressed my cheeks which I am sure is bruised. Then he removed his coat and put it on me. The room was very cold, its only then I realized.

"Sleep for now love, I will come in a bit then I will take you home with me" he said as he kissed me on forehead and then he was gone. Then I looked at Max

"Max... I am ... sorry. I wanted ... to ....tell ...you ..." I felt like I am floating in the air.

"Sleep Vince... I mean .. just sleep. We will talk about it later" he said with a sigh, he doesn't know what to call me. After that I welcomed the much needed sleep.