10. Hurt

I spent most of my day in the bed but then I got fed up so I went out. I went downstairs and there was no one around. I opened the main door and went out. I was planning on going back to my house to fetch some things.

I took few steps and realized their house is in between the forest. Thankfully I remembered the way back to city so I start walking. Its gonna be a long walk! I thought.

After half an hour long of constantly walking I hailed a cab. When her heard about the place he didn't want to leave me so I told him to from me somewhere close. He dropped me few miles away from the place which would take me 15 minutes to reach. I sighed and start walking again, by now my legs are giving up on me.

I decided to go in from the back side. There's a window in my room that opens to the back side. With the help of worn down pipe I climbed up. There was no one around the house but just to be more careful I took this way. What if someone is keeping an eye at my home. It was dark so there's less chance of getting caught. I went inside my room and looked around everything was thrown here and there, my bed was flipped down. I was seeing red seeing my home like this. My closet was also opened and my clothes were screwed out.

I ran towards it and looked for the most important thing that made me come here. There on left corner was a small secret drawer which was thankfully still intact. I opened it and took out a small wooden box out of it. I opened it and sighed when I saw the things I side it. I would have spent a little more time if I didn't hear a small noise from downstairs. I locked the door from inside and took out a duffle bag as I put some of my clothes in it and that box. I don't think I can ever come here. I looked around my room one last time and then I toom my bag, I heard someone coming upstairs. I didn't think and went to window but I was too late because someone pushed the door opened and there stood two buff guys, one I have seen before in that alley but other was a complete stranger. My eyes widen when they stepped towards me.

"Take him" he said I looked out and I made a quick decision of jumping, it was pretty high and I am sure I will get a sprained ankle but it's still better than being killed. My feets took the impact and I rolled off on the grass. I felt an immense pain in my right foot but adrenaline was still rushing as I heard them yelling at me.

I stood up and ran, it was difficult with the pain in my foot but I didn't stop. I ran and ran until I saw a restaurant I went inside and towards the ladies washroom, fortunately no one saw me going in. I went straight to a booth and locked the door. I took out a new set of clothes from the bag and changed in to them, I placed my old clothes inside. I removed my cap and let my hairs fall. I placed the cap in my pocket, then I went out as a girl. I hope now no one could recognize me. I sat on the right corner and placed my bag by my feet hidden.

I saw both of them entering inside as they looked around. I took out my phone and start scrolling seeming as if I am busy. I was looking at teh discreetly as one of them went to bathroom area, he even went inside the ladies washroom. Then with glaring at each customer including me they went out. I sighed in relief as they went out. Just then a waitress came to me and gave me a flirty smile.

"What can I get for you?" She asked.

"Uhmm... a burger and fries" I said.

"And drink?" She asked.

"Coke" I said and she went away saying it would be 15 minutes. I then looked down at my shoe covered right foot which was aching pretty badly by now. I sighed, I have to bear it for a little longer. It would be fine in few minutes. I told myself.

After 15 minutes the same waitress came with my food, I ate it rather uncomfortably but still I finished it. I am sure by now they ar gone. I paid my bill, as I was about to stand that flirty waitress came and gave me a small piece of paper. I looked at her and then at the paper. It was her number with written 'call me'. I scoffed and tear the paper infront of her and threw it in the trach can. She glared at me as o rolled my eyes. I picked my bag and limped out, I wore my cap again hiding my hairs.