42. His family..

A maid came to my door to tell me that Ian is waiting for me at the dinning room. I went downstairs and found him waiting for me in the living room.

"Good evening rapunzel" he said as he kissed my forehead, I so wanted to clean my forehead of his touch but stopped myself and smiled at him which was fake.

"Do you miss me?" He asked me with a grin and I only smiled in return forcing myself not to say 'No'.

"Let's have dinner" he said as he placed his arm on my back as we walked towards the dinning room. He took out the chair for me and I thanked him, he is a gentleman! I scoffed internally.

"I hope you weren't bored and the book kept you busy" he said and I looked at the table with wide eyes.

"What was that book about? Would you like to tell me" he asked and I looked at his smiling face.

"Umm it was about history uhmmm.." I haven't even opened it, oh God I should have read the first two pages at least.

"Actually I didn't like it so I stopped reading" I said trying to hide my anxiety.

"What did you not like?" He asked and I feel like I am being interrogated.

"History is boring you know" I said.

"Then why did you choose it" he asked me still keeping that smile on his face.

"I thought may be I would like it this time.. Guess what I did not" I said and looked away and thankfully dinner came as Fiona served us. I take a breath of relief.

"You can come with my office after dinner, I will show you some other books that you will probably like" he said as he start eating his food.

"Thanks" I said and focused my attention towards my food. That was close! I thought.

After dinner he took me to his office and showed me some books that I might like but in reality I hate reading. I was never fond of book reading, I hardly passed my high school.

"Thank you, they look good" I said trying to not make a face. But he starts laughing..

"Why are you laughing?" I asked with confusion.

"Love you are too cute for your own good" he said as he pinched my cheeks. But still I didn't get what he is talking about.

"You don't like books, it's written on your face." He said and I felt my breath hitched.

"No... I mean yeah I don't like it but I don't dislike it either " I tried to explain but failed miserablly as I saw him taking a step towards me and caged me in between him and the book shelf. Then he leaned towards my ear as he whispered something that made my eyes widen.

"Tell me love were you trying to spy on me? Why did you want come to my office so badly? Huh?"

"No.. noo... I.... I... don't... I really wanted to read some book.. and I was getting... bored wo I thought why not.." I stuttered pretty badly but then he stepped away and laughed again.

"What.." I looked at him as if he is crazy.

"I was joking my love, I was messing with you" he said and I felt immense anger and relief but I pushed him away from me.

"Thay wasn't funny" I yelled as I walked out but he caught me as I was about to walk upstairs.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just messing around with you" he apologized but I was still angry more at myself for being so gullible.

"You..." I was cut by the a voice.

"Can we talk? If you are not busy flirting with your new toy like a teenager" said Dove and I looked at her. She was few feets away from us and was glaring at both of us. Ian glared back at her.