14. Angry

I was very proud of me, guys were praising me and they were really intrigued by me. I was on seventh sky by all the praises. As John parked our van in the garage Elliott's car was already parked which means they are already here. I was happy now Asher will never think low of me.

As we all four went inside to the main door, we saw Asher sitting on a single sofa in the living room with a very hard expression. Elliot was sitting on the kitchen barstool.

"Asher, look what our Vincent here had done" Max said and he showed him the flash but Asher seemed unfazed, he was glaring at me. The atmosphere was tense, then he stood up and come to me.

"No one can disrespect me but you today, all of you disrespected me" he said, his voice was controlled like he was controlling his anger. He glared at all of us.

"I can you out him in danger when I told you to not let him get out of that car" he yelled at other three guys who were looking down. He was angry, very angry.

"It's not their fault, they tried to stop me but I ran out. But I don't get it what's the problem? You wanted it and I got it for you" I said with annoyance, what is his problem.

"He is right, we wanted that flash and its here, it doesn't matter who got it" Max said siding by me and I smiled a little.

"I am letting this slide for once but from now on you can not go with us anywhere, you will only do what I hire you for. Got it?" He asked and I rolled my eyes at him. His face harden even more if that is even possible.

"No" I said and everyone looked at me, Elliot only shake his had lightly as he calmly sip his coffee.

"What do you mean by no?" Asher growled and took a step towards me.

"No mean no, I am not going to do the boring stuff like cleaning and mopping. I also want to join you gang, it's more interesting and adventurous" I said.

"And dangerous" he told me with a little scoff.

"Please let me join you gang, its not like I am useless. I am a pickpocket a very talented pickpocket you won't be disappointed" I said but he only sighed and turn around from me as he went to the kitchen and pulled out a water bottle.

"For your information, we are not a gang" max whispered near me.

"Then are you mafia?" I asked him with intrigue.

"Uhmmm.. sort of but we steal from criminals and then expose their dirty work" he told me and my mouth open wide in awe. So they are not bad guys.

"So you are not bad guys" I said.

"We are bad guys" Tyler spoke up and I looked at him.

"Please tell you boss to take me in" I said to all three boys, my favourite boys!

"Our boss don't listen to us ..." John said but stopped when Max smirked and pointed towards Elliot who was silently sitting busy in his own thoughts.

"He don't like me" I whispered and all three boys chuckle.

"No actually you remind him of someone which makes him sad" Tyler said.

I looked at Asher who was now busy on a call standing near the window. I walked towards Elliot and sat beside him on a stool. I cleared my throat and he looked at me, for a slight moment his gaze soften but then it harden again.

"Can you talk to your friend? Please! It's not like I am useless" I said and he moved his gaze away.

"Please" I said with a pout and with jy puppy dog eyes, which always melts Andy.

"He will not take you in" he told me and I pouted some more. A small smile came on his face.

"Please! I promise I will do anything, house chores too just take me out with you on your missions" I said and he closed his eyes then sighed. He looked at Asher who was coming back in the kitchen now after his call ends.

"Asher" Elliot called him and I sat straight looking at Asher with hope.

"No Elliot, you know my reasons" Asher said and elliot sighed then looked at me. He shrugged his shoulders as if telling me that he tried. I huffed and crossed my arms as I glared at Asher who was consciously ignoring me.

"From now on I will not do any house chores, I will not eat and I ... will.." I didn't know any more threats, I don't know if any of it will work.

"Then I will not pay you" Asher said calmly and I glared at him.

"Oh yes it's been a month now ..where is my pay" I said completing forgetting about everything else. Asher only smiled a little and then took out his wallet and gave me my first pay. I took it with happiness! I looked at max and showed him the money. He came running towards me and then looked at Asher.

"And my pay? I also clean the house with her" he said but Asher ignored him and went towards living room, he sat on the couch where John and Tyler were already sitting watching some show on TV.

"Hey" Max whined but everyone ignored him. I chuckled.

"Why don't you treat us? You just got your pay" he said and looked at me with hope.

"If you really think I am going to spend my hard earned money on you then you are wrong. Good night I am going to my room and Asher..." I called him before going upstairs, he looked at me.

"I want to go out tomorrow" I said and went upstairs towards my room. I was very tired and just wanted to sleep.

I put my money in my closet and then took out my bight clothes and went to the bathroom for a shower. I removed the cap and looked at my hairs. I smiled looking at my long hairs which were once my proud but now, they are just unwanted burden that I am forced to keep.

If it were up to me, I would have already cut them off but ... my mother she liked my hairs, she never let me cut it and then I start loving them too. She always loved playing with my hairs, always styling them. She would always say when she take care of my hairs she feel good and I still don't know how it makes her that happy, a little act that is so little but still it always brought certain happiness on her face.

That's the main reason I never cut them off for my disguise. At first I wanted to I even has scissor in my hand but then I stopped. It's the only think that reminds me of my mother, the good memories with her. Rest are the bad memories, her bruised face and her tired eyes.

I jerked my head and went under the shower. After a much needed shower I combed my hairs, I tried to be gentle with them but I am not like my mother. They are in knots and I don't have that much patience so I left them be and went to sleep but then I remembered something. I jumped up and went to lock my room door from inside.

"What if someone had came in and saw me like this?' I asked myself. Would they throw me out if they knew that I lied to them and I am a girl? Would they be same with me after that? I don't want to admit it but I like being here now. I feel like I belong here, I consider them as my friend even Elliott and Asher, I think I am getting used to them and attached too... I just hope it ends well with me and everyone else! I don't want to lose this new family!