36. All sorted !!

I was nervous to see the least as the car parked infront of a huge mansion, calling it a Palace would be right. I looked at Elliot who quietly sat waiting for me to get down. He was being patient with me. I know he isn't fond of our father either but I have something in my mind and I really wish it turns out fine. I want to give him a chance to explain his side of the story. That day I had seen love and longing in his eyes for me. That's seemed genuine so here I am to get my answers.

"Let's go" I sighed and get out of the car. Elliot followed me quietly, he was sceptical of the whole ordeal but still went with the flow. I know he is here for me which I am so grateful for.

As we stood infront of the huge double door. A man in a three piece suit opened the door and lightly bowed to us. His eyes were glinting with what I assumed of happiness. He gave both of us a happy look.

"Welcome Mr and Miss Davis" he smiled at us, I assumed he is a butler.

"I have told you plenty of times to call me Elliot" Elliot said with a huff and then he hugged him. They seemed close by the way they were embracing each other almost like a father and son.

"I am Frederick Goulding, I know you since you were this little baby, you used to call me Freddie but I am sure you won't remember much" he said with a sad sigh then motioned us in.

I only nod to him not knowing what else to say. I really don't remember anything from the past I was too little and then years of not seeing them and even thinking about them the memories start to fade away. I only remember few memories but all of them were happy memories of us four. My parents were happy in those memories, a little boy older than me combing my hair and feeding me with his hands but that's it. 
There is another memory of a boy same age as Elliot, I don't remember his name but he was kind to me. There's a memory of him tending to my wound on my elbow that I probably got by falling somewhere. I sighed jerking away the thoughts.

He took us towards what I assumed to be a study. All the way I was taking in my surroundings, the house so familiar yet so strange. I can tell I have been here before but at the same time I don't remember anything of my time here. But a smiled came on my face at the thought that this was my home or maybe is... the only thing missing is my mother. If she was here then only...

"We are here, Mr Davis is waiting for you inside" Frederick said and gave me a kind smile. He looked too fond of me and I already liked him.

"Are you sure?" Elliot asked ne again and I nod confidently then he opened the door for me and let me in first, following in after me next. There near the fireplace stood my father in all his glory, his hairs were grey because of old age. He looked to be in his late 50s, when he looked at us he smiled widely, his smile reaching his eyes.

""Good morning, my children" he said fondly looking at both of us. He looked a spitting image of Elliott but a little older apart from his eyes, they were same like mine. Elliot got his eyes from mom.

"Sit" he said and motioned us to sit on the couch, I know he wanted to hug but was holding himself back in fear that I would run away, I probably would. I sat on the couch and Elliot sat besides me, he took his seat in a single seater infront of us.

"I know you have a lot of questions for me and I am ready to answer all of them" he said.

"I only expect you to be honest with your answer, I want only truth from you" I said my voice turn out harder than I intended so I cleared my throat and gave him a soft look. He nods in return and looked at my face for longer than a moment.

"You look so much like your mother" he said and sighed looking away as if remembering something painful.

"I promise I will be honest with you" he promised and I inhaled.