2. lunch at Andy's

I woke up at 11 in the morning, I slept late at night as I was watching some show and it was surprisingly good. I went to my fridge and found it empty. There was some bread and a can of tuna in it. I dumped it out on the kitchen counter. Its been a week since my last theft. I have to go out tonight, some of the money went to bills and some went to food. Only 50 dollars are left. I made a quick sandwich and went to feed Roxy, he food is almost finished.

I poured the remaining food in her bowl as she start eating. I have to really go out tonight but I don't want to. I don't like stealing but it's the easiest way of earning money these days. I tried working in a restaurant as a waitress but attitude of those rich snobbish people always gets to me and one day I exploded on them and my manager threw me out. After that I didn't try finding any job.

I went out after disguising myself as a boy, cold air of outside hit my face and I shivered. I went to the convenience store and bought my roxy her food. I can stay hungry but I won't let her. I bought a box of cat food for her. It cost me 25 dollars then I went out.

"Vienna" a voice called me and I turned around immediately glaring at the person who call me my real name.

"It's Vincent" I gritted and he start chuckling.

"Yeah yeah I know, come here kid" he said and called me towrads him. I sighed and went towards him.

"You are back" I said as I went near him.

"Yeah I just came yesterday" he told me and we both start walking towards my home direction.

"Everything's good? Do you need anything?" He asked me.

"I am fine Andy, don't worry about me. Take care of your wife and kids" I scolded him lightly. He is always like that worrying for me and always ask me if I need any help.

"You are also like a kid to me" he said and I sighed.

"But I am old enough to take care of my self" I told him and he smiled.

"Yeah you are old enough, kid" he teased me to which I glared at him.

"Why don't you look for a proper job? You are a high school graduate" he said.

"I don't think anyone would give me a job and you know that I have tried to" I told him nonchalantly.

"Maybe try containing that temper in" he said and when I glared at him he shrugged.

"You know that your temper always makes you lose your job" he was saying truth but it's not in my control. I am just not used to of taking people's shit. It makes me think I am weak if I stood there quietly listening to them cursing and yelling at me.

"You know that I can't" I said with a huff.

"I think you took it from your father, your mother was an angel, right?" He said.

"No I am nothing like my father, I am only my mother's daughter" I got angry, I am nothing like my father. I hate him!

"Sorry" he raised his hand in surrender.

I opened my door and placed the cat food in the cupboard.

"Why don't you come back to our place, this place is not good for you" he said eyeing my house. This house was andy's father's house, it was empty after his death and Andy moved into a new house with his wife after they got married. So I asked him to let me live here, i wanted to be independent. He had done so much for me, I didn't want to bother him too much by living in his home. He has two kids both twins. I don't want to be a burden.

He had done so much for me, I was 14 when he found me all scared and wounded. He took me in since then and now I am 20. In the beginning I lived with him, he sent me to school. He was so adamant on sending me to high school. When I met him he wasn't married to Cindy, it was only us at that time. He is also a thief like me but a bit more professional, he do many other criminal things but after getting married to Cindy 4 years ago he left all of those crimes and bad things but still he is a little bit involved. It's not easy to leave bad habits behind.