Ch. 12 ) Happy Birthday

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

Today is Tuesday, and students are waiting in their classes for the lecture to begin.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMIAN!!" Emile and Ewen shout out to Damian as soon as he enters the door. He is still looking pretty rough from studying late, and doing hardcore combat training.

Damian gets startled by the sudden surprise. "Ah- thanks guys." He tries to smile at them, as he takes his seat right next to them.

Ewen smiles towards Damian. "Say, Damian, are you gonna do anything for your birthday?"

Damian shakes his head. "Nah. I need to focus on studying." And I have to take my combat lessons later. Lately they've been getting harder.

Emile frowns. "Maaann, that's too bad. I was really hoping we could do something together."

"Yeah, same." Damian agreed, feeling awful that he's being so overworked lately.

Anya and Becky enter the class, chatting to each other as they sit down at their desk.

Damian watched the two came in. She didn't say anything to me. I guess I'm not surprised since I've never told her.

Anya perked up after hearing the boy's thoughts. What is he talking about? Did I forget something?? She tried to think. Maybe he wanted me to say good morning to him!!

The girl instantly stood up and ran up the steps towards Damian's desk, leaving Becky confused.

Damian noticed Anya, whom just arrived by his desk. He is surprised. Oh?? Is she here to-

Anya waved at him. "Good morning Sy-on boy!!!" She said loudly to him. There we go, you can rest easy now Sy-on! She grinned, thinking she solved the issue.

I guess not then. The boy simply stared at Anya, having bags under his eyes. "Uh-huh. Morning, shrimp."

Anya gasped, completely not hiding her despair. WHAT!?! THAT WASN'T IT??  She kept standing there, not knowing what to do.

The boy was caught off guard by her sudden gasp. Did I say something wrong?? He looked at her perplexed. "Why are you still standing there, uggo? You're blocking my view." His words seemed a bit more firm than usual.

She squinted at him, and went back to her seat. Oh no. What is it that I forgot!!???

Becky turned over to her. "What was that all about, Anya??" She asked, confused.

"I feel like I'm missing something for Sy-on boy. I don't know what it is though." Anya admitted to her friend.

Becky thought for a bit, then finally remembers. "Ohhh! Today is Damian's birthday. I completely forgot about it."

"Sy-on's birthday is today!!??" Anya's face showed how shocked she was. I can use this opportunity to show how much I care for him (for operation best buddies)!!  "Becky, I need your help. I need to give Sy-on boy a present for his birthday."Her tone shifted into 'mission mode'.

Becky's eyes sparkled, as she smiled widely. "Anyaaa, you're so thoughtful!!" She squealed. "Of course I'll help out!"

·  ·  ·