Ch. 21 ) Valentine's Day

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

The month of February is here, and the weather becomes gradually less cold. Damian and Anya have just finish studying. Since Becky had a ballet practice to attend, Anya had to ask Damian to walk her home, (which of course he agreed to).

The two teenagers were now walking down the streets of Berlint, side by side.

Anya was deep in thought.

Damian noticed Anya not speaking very much. "Hey, is something on your mind?" He asked.

The girl snaps out of her thoughts. "Oh, I was thinking about Rain."

"What about her?"

"I need to get to know Rain. I still can't read her mind!" Anya replied. "I wanna try being her 'friend', but after I threw juice on her, it feels kinda awkward."

"You did apologize to her, right?" Damian asked.

Anya nods. "But it still doesn't feel right! I need to find a way to make things up." The girl wanted to establish a friendship with Rayne to understand her better, and to keep a close eye on her.

"Hm." Damian had his hand on his chin, thinking of solutions. "Well, Valentine's Day is tomorrow. Maybe you should give her chocolates or something."

It felt as if a light bulb lit up. "YES!! I can give chocolates to Rain for Valen-times Day!! Then she will wanna be my friend again!" She tugs onto Damian's sleeve. "Sy-on boy! Help me find some to give to her!!"

Damian shakes his head. "I can't. I need to get home to study as much as I can for the end year exams."

Anya exhales from disappointment. "Hmph. I'll just go alone I guess.." She pouts.

However, just up ahead, Anya sees a candy store around the corner.

Anya gasps, pointing at the store. "SY-ON, LOOK! CANDY!!! How convenient is that!!?" She looks up at him. "Let's go together!!" Her eyes sparkled.

Damian's cheeks turn red, seeing how enthusiastic the girl was. "Fine!! Since it's right there, we can look for at most ten minutes!"

The girl gave a bright smile. "YAAY!! Hurry then!!" She grabs his hand and pulled him inside the candy store.

·  ·  ·

Damian and Anya search around the candy store

"I don't see any chocolates, Sy-on." Anya says, disappointed.