Ch. 35 ) Miracles

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

"Ngh..." Anya is slowly waking up. She opens her eyes gently, the light glaring. What... happened?

Her vision begin to clear up and Anya sees herself laying in a hospital bed. "W-where am I?" she mumbles.

"Anya!" Yor, whom was sitting on the couch in the hospital room, ran over to Anya's bed. "Loid! Anya is waking up!"

Anya couldn't believe her eyes. "Mama?"

Loid rushes over as well, both parents having teary eyes. "Oh, Anya! You're finally awake," he said with a relieved smile.

"Papa?" Anya's eyes widen to see that her parents are back now. "Are you really here?" she continued to question her reality, still feeling dazed.

Yor gave a soft chuckle. "Yes," she said, leaning in to hug Anya, "I'm so glad you're okay! We were very worried."

Anya tears up as well, "D-don't leave me alone ever again!" She tightly hugged back.

Loid also went in to embrace Anya. "We promise we won't. We'll always be here to protect you."

The family shares a loving hug, reunited once again.

Afterwards, Anya wipes her tears away, and as she does, her memory slowly comes crawling back again. The realization of how she fainted and what happened before then. Anya begins to remember something horrible that had happened. "D-Damian? Where is he!?" her voice was shaky.

Yor and Loid's smiles faded, their faces showing grief.

"W-where is Damian!!" Anya's raises her voice, "I-I saw him get shot!!! DAMIAN!!" The girl was filled with panic. She quickly sat up, about to leave the bed to go looking for Damian.

Yor tries to speak, "Anya, please calm down-"

"TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!!" Anya shouted. "IS HE DEAD?!!"

Loid places both of his hands on Anya's shoulders, trying to keep her from running out. "Anya!! You need to take a breather."

Anya shuts her mouth with her entire body was quivering with fear. The thought of losing someone she deeply loved was too unbearable to think.

"That boy, Damian, he took a terrible bullet in the chest," Yor said. "But, he survived." 

The girl looked up at Yor with hope in her eyes. "R-really?!"

She nodded her head. "But... he hasn't woken up yet. He just came out of surgery, maybe you want to go see him?"

Without a second thought, Anya immediately agreed. She had to use crutches to walk since her broken leg was in a cast.

·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  ·