Ch. 33 ) The Truth

(This is part 1 of the Steam Train arc. I hope you all enjoy!)

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

Damian is pacing back and forth in his dormitory, with Bond sat beside his bed. Currently, it is midnight and the train departs in 5 hours from now.

"God, it's late and I still have no clue where Anya could be," Damian said, stumped.

Bond whimpers, worried for his beloved owner. Earlier, he had tried sniffing for traces of Anya but couldn't find any trails.

Damian checked his alarm clock on his nightstand and saw how late it was. "There's nothing I can do now, so I guess I should sleep and try to figure it out tomorrow..."

Just as Damian approached his closet, about to change into his pajamas, a bump was heard from his window. The boy whirled his head back, startled by the sudden noise. "The hell was that??"

"Bork!" Bond stood on his four legs and faced towards the window.

As Damian stared at his window, another rock was thrown at it, creating the same sound as before. "What the-? Who's throwing rocks at my window!?"

Curious, Damian quickly went up to the window, and surprisingly saw Rayne at the bottom. His eyes widen, "R-Rayne!!?" He wasn't expecting to see her, at least not for a while after suspecting she was the reason Anya was kidnapped.

Rayne puts her finger over her lips, telling Damian to keep quiet, then proceeds to gesture him to come outside.

Why is she here? Damian was perplexed but proceeded to leave his dorm, along with Bond, believing that Rayne may know where Anya is.

·  ·  ·

Rayne waits outside the boy's dormitory for Damian to arrive. Once she finally saw him approaching, she begins to speak. "Desmond, I-"

Damian ignores Rayne and grabs her by the shoulders. "What the hell did you do to Anya!!?" He was infuriated with anger and sleep deprivation. "I saw her hair things on the floor at your apartment, I know you did something so out with it!!!"

Rayne grabbed onto Damian's hands on her shoulders, trying to push them away. "S-she's being held captive by your Brother," the girl bluntly admits.

"SHIT!" Damian gritted his teeth as Bond barked at Rayne with fury. "You traitor!! You were working for my father and brother, weren't you? FUCKING BASTARD!!!"

Rayne was frozen, unable to think of the right words to say.

Damian glares right at Rayne with hatred. "Where is she?"

"At the asylum," Rayne replied.

Damian pushes Rayne away right after she answers, and turns around. "Let's go, Bond."

"It's too dangerous to go alone," Rayne said before the two could walked away. "There are guards all over that place. You won't make it in time."

Damian slowly turns his head back at Rayne. "Why should I listen to anything you have to say? You're the one who got Anya into this mess!"

Rayne nods, "But if you want any chance on saving Anya, then you'll have to think smart not by your emotions."

Despite feeling enraged and anxious, Damian knew Rayne was right. He placed his hand on his face with stress. "God damn it!! How can I possibly fight against the government!??"

Rayne walks up to Damian and Bond. "You need a team– a strong team. One you can rely on."

Damian was deep in thought on what to do. His eyes then glance over to Rayne. "And what do you care for? None of this should even matter to you," he spoke.