Ch. 36 ) In The Future

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

It has been 3 years since the train incident. 

In the comic store, Anya was there browsing through the shelves. Moments later, a younger man comes up to her. "Excuse me, Miss?"

Anya turns her head over at the man, revealing a mature and more feminine young lady. She was now 18 years old. Her hair grew longer and she stood a few inches taller. The clothes she wore were elegant. Despite still loving childish things, she has grown to become more modest.

"Hm? Do you need something?" she replies with her now less high-pitched voice.

The boy blushes. "Y-you're very pretty. Can I have your number?"

Anya grins, softly chuckling. "Aw, you're very kind! But I am already taken, sorry. I'm going to hang out with him today actually!"

"O-oh, my bad... I hope you two are happy together." The man apologizes and walks away.

Anya goes back to browsing through the comics. This one seems interesting. She takes it out and goes to pay for it. I'm sure he will love it! Her heart fluttered with the thought.

·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  ·

Anya went over to the hospital and walked into one of the hospital rooms, and there laid Damian, still unconscious ever since he got shot in the chest.

"I'm back, Sy-on!" She changed the flowers in the vase by his stand. "I bought a new comic book for us to read!" Anya then gave him a peck on the cheek. 

Despite Damian still in a coma, Anya continued to visit him as much as she can, always sticking by his side.

Anya then sat on a couch beside his bed and began to take the time to read the comic book out loud to him, keeping him company. 

Time passes by and Anya finishes reading the comic. She closes it, taking a breath. "Wow, that ending was so unexpected! We should read more comics like this," the girl smiles.

Anya then puts away the book and looks back at Damian. She caresses his cheek, admiring his face. "You know... everyone has already graduated. Becky, Bill, Ewen, Emile, and Rayne. We're all grown up and have responsibilities to focus on now."

"I wish you could've been there for it all." Anya then bows her head down at Damian's chest, hearing his heart beat. She then softly smiles knowing that he is still alive. 

"I miss you."

What felt like out of no where, Anya's phone rings, startling her. She quickly checks her phone and sees that Becky is calling her. "OH, RIGHT! Becky and I are going to the cafe today. I can't believe I forgot." Anya grabs her purse. "I'll come back tomorrow. Bye, Sy-on!"

Knowing he wouldn't respond, Anya dashes out the door.

·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  ·