Ch. 29 ) Rumors

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

Summer break has officially ended, and 12th grade has finally begun. Students have already started coming into class. Today, there is a new moon, so Anya isn't able to read any minds for now. Becky and Anya walk in, finding Rayne already sitting at their desk, which was in the left middle.

"Good morning, Rayne!" Becky greeted her, along with Anya, as they sat beside her.

Rayne had her usual grin on her face. "Morning. Slept well?"

"Mmrf..." Anya was still extremely drowsy from having to switch from a break back to school.

"Gosh, I can't believe we're back in school again!" Becky complained, "At least this means we are closer to becoming adults. Right, Anya??"

Becky finds Anya passed out, with her head on the desk. She did not get enough sleep last night.

Becky sighs, "Oh, Anya..."

Damian, Emile, and Ewen enter the classroom, grabbing the attention of the other two girls. "Good morning, guys!!" They greeted each other.

Damian stares at Anya, realizing that she was asleep. "Guess she slept late last night, huh?"

"Probably. I reminded her to not stay up!!" Becky replied.

Damian exhales in disappointment. "So did I."

Anya was snoring silently, drooling a bit from her mouth. Seeing the way she was asleep, reminds Damian of the night they slept together. He smiles, remembering the moment, and goes to grab her shoulder.

"Wake up, Dummy! We're in school now." Damian shook her body.

Anya gradually awakens again. She opens her eyes and sees the love of her life, Damian, standing right before her. Anya grins widely at the sight of him. "Happy morning, Damiannn." Her words slurred, as she held her hand out to him.

Damian found it funny how drowsy she was. He grabbed onto her hand, caressing it. "Come on, get up already."

Anya slowly sat back up and yawned. "Mmm... wh.. w-wHAA!!" Her eyes widen, whirling her head around. "WE'RE IN SCHOOL!?? HOW DID I TELEPORT HERE!?!?" The girl finally snapped out of her drowsiness.

The group laughed at her silliness. "HAH, you really do need Master Damian for everything! Otherwise, you'd be lost all the time!!" Emile joked.

Damian elbows him for making fun of his girlfriend, and Emile proceeds to yelp in pain. The boys then went on to sit at the desk behind the girls. The group continued to chat with each other as they wait for the class to start.

But as they were talking, Anya overhears some unpleasant whispers from the other girls in the class.

"Did you hear? Apparently, Damian and that pink-haired shorty are going out!" "Is that true!!? Ew, why did he have to date a weird girl like her!? She's not even pretty!"

Anya immediately shuts her mouth as she eavesdropped.

"I know right??" The students continued. "Wasn't she the one who punched him on orientation day in first grade??" "What a red flag!!! Hopefully it's just a rumor. Who would want to date a delinquent!??"

Those words stabbed Anya's heart like knives. She couldn't even defend herself or speak up.

As Damian was talking with the group, he realizes that Anya wasn't saying anything anymore. The expression on her face seemed glum. He became worried, but before he could even ask her what was wrong, Professor Henderson walks into the class.