Ch. 24 ) Heartbreak

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

Today is the last day of school before 11th grade ends, and when the Summer break begins. Becky, Ewen and Emile were already waiting in class together, chatting about how excited they are for the Summer vacation. Anya comes in a little later, she was walking slower than usual.

Becky's face lit up, excited to hear from Anya. "Anya! How are youuu?" She says, thinking nothing bad had happened yesterday night.

Anya sat down beside Becky, not looking at her. "I'm fine." She mutters, facing down.

Becky's smile disappears from her gloomy answer. "Anya? Why are you sad? Had something happened..?"

Right when she spoke, Damian enters the classroom. His sudden appearance causes Anya's eyes to flicker with nervousness, while Ewen and Emile both turned their heads in excitement. They had been eagerly awaiting his arrival. During the ball, Becky had told them what Damian had been planning to do for Anya.

"D-Damian!" Anya called out, her voice quivering with anticipation, as he approached the group. "Good morning!"

However, Damian ignored Anya completely and walked right past her, not even acknowledging her presence. "Emile, Ewen, we're going to another table." He declared, his voice cold and distant.

The group was shocked by his sudden demand. Ewen and Emile gave confused glances. "What, why?" Ewen asks.

Damian turned his head back at Ewen, his eyes glaring right at him. "I said, we're going to another table." He repeated more firm.

"Uhm, w-whatever you wish for, Lord Damian." Emile timidly replied. He and Ewen followed Damian to another table on the opposite side of the classroom.

Anya watched as Damian walked away, her heart aching with each step he took. It felt that she was invisible to him, as if he no longer cared about her.

Becky turns back to Anya, her expression in shock. "Huh..? What's going on between you two?"

Anya faced forward, not really looking at anything. "I.. I don't know..." The girl couldn't share with Becky the truth. Even if she could, Anya was too distraught to even speak properly.

From the middle-front table, Rayne witnessed the whole thing, her face completely emotionless.

The professor comes in, beginning the last class.

For the entire rest of the day, Damian continued to avoid Anya. They didn't interact or exchange even a single word or glance, and Damian made sure to stay far away from her as possible. Anya's heart broke more and more, the reality of their situation became increasingly clear.

Emile, Becky, and Ewen were all confused yet sad about what was happening, but they didn't know what to do to help.

·  ·  ·