Ch. 31 ) Broken Bones

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

Monday rolls around, and class is soon about to begin. First, Becky arrives, then Ewen and Damian. Minutes pass by, and more of the Cecil Hall students walk in, while Damian watches the classroom door.

Anya better get here soon. She better have overslept! Damian was feeling anxious, trying to convince himself that Anya's absence is nothing serious.

The late bell rings and Damian's anxiousness worsens. Crap! Where are you??

Just then someone runs inside, and Damian's attention peeks. However, it was only Emile who showed up.

"PHEW! I barely got here!!" He panted from running, as he walked to his desk where Ewen and Damian are.

Becky sighs. "I guess Anya and Rayne aren't coming today." Great, I'll be the only girl...

"Man, that sucks!" Emile replied.

The three continued to chat, but Damian wasn't saying anything. He checks his phone to see if Anya has texted him. Nothing. There are a few messages sent by Damian that Anya has yet to reply to.

He shoves his phone into his pocket. Damn, this isn't good!! She hasn't been responding to my texts, and she isn't at school today. Something bad must've happened.

"Do you guys know where Anya could be?" Damian asks the group.

The group shrugs without a clue. "She and Rayne are probably sick." Ewen replied.

Could that be it? Damian thought.

The worst possible scenario played in Damian's head. What if.... Father actually captured her?

Panic swallows Damian whole, he didn't want to believe it. I have to go to her apartment as soon as possible! But I gotta leave school somehow.

The boy pondered on how to leave school early. If I straight up ask to leave school, they won't let me! The teachers here are so strict!! I need to have a good enough excuse so they can let me go home.

Throughout the entire class, Damian continued to brainstorm ideas for how he can leave early.

·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  ·

Physical education class is in session. Coach Bobby has already set up teams for dodgeball, and students are preparing to play soon.

Damian ties up his shoe, feeling confident with his plan to leave school early.

Becky stretches her arms and legs. "Ugh, dodgeball? This game is so unfair when it comes to going against Wald Hall!" She complains, referring to Bill.

Emile and Ewen were psyching each other up, getting ready to play. "We've got this!!! Damian, are we gonna do our special move like usual??" They asked.