Ch. 18 ) Firework Festival

(This is part 3 of the Kyoto School Trip arc. Enjoy!!)

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

The day of the firework festival arrives. The sun is setting, and Anya and Becky are in their room at the Ryokan inn, putting on their kimonos.

Becky is deciding between two kimonos. "Hmmm, which one should I wear? The red or pink..."

On the other side of the room, Anya is trying to figure out how to put her kimono on. She wraps it around herself like a towel. "Okay! I'm ready!!" She says with confidence.

Becky turns to her and laughs after seeing her disaster. "PFFT, oh Anya. That's not how you put on a kimono!" She goes to Anya, and unwraps her kimono. "Let me help you." Becky begins to properly put the kimono on Anya.

"Oki-doki!" Anya stood still and allowed Becky to do her thing.

It's gonna be night soon, I hope nothing bad happens again. Anya remembers the shadow she saw when they were at the shrine.

What was that thing I saw!? When it left I couldn't hear the noise anymore, but why do I keep hearing it everywhere? I even heard it when I was back at school, so why?? It almost feels as if it's following me... Anya kept on contemplating on what has been happening to her.

Becky finishes putting Anya's kimono on. "There we go!! I also did your hair for you. Go look at yourself in the mirror!"

Anya snaps out of her thoughts. "Kay." She walks over to the mirror, and stares at herself. The kimono was navy blue with light-yellow peanut patterns on it. Her hair was tied up into a lower bun.

Becky followed Anya. "AWWH, you look adorablee~" She says. "Of course I will look the prettiest though, but you're definitely second best!"

Anya was in awe as she checks herself in the mirror.

"Do you like how you look, Anya?" Becky asks.

Anya nods her head. "Yes!! I love it so much!!!" She smiles brightly to Becky. "Thank you, Becky!!"

Becky felt relief. "I'm glad!!" She picks up the pink kimono. "Now I've gotta change too. It won't take long!" Becky says, as she goes ahead to put her kimono on.

"Good luck." Anya looks back at the mirror. I wonder what Sy-on boy will think. She gets excited by the thought.

Becky notices Anya's medications. "By the way, remember to take your meds!" She reminds her friend.

"Oh, right!" Anya goes to take her pills, drinking water to swallow them. Good thing I've got these pills. Now whenever I hear that noise, it doesn't hurt anymore!

Becky finishes getting dressed up. "I'm ready!" She goes up to Anya, showing off her outfit. "How do I look??" Her kimono was a shiny light pink, having a floral pattern that faded from white to red. Her hair was tied up in a high bun, which had a flower pin holding it together.

Anya had a blank expression on. The thought of fashion didn't really interest her. "Very shiny." She replies bluntly.

Becky grins with boldness. "Exactly!! I bought the most expensive kimonos they had." She grabs her drawstring pouch, and heads to the front door. "Let's get going now, Anya! Don't wanna get there too late."