Ch. 30 ) Desmond Family

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

Damian and Anya are standing in front of the Forger's apartment outside. Jeeves was in the car on the side of the road, waiting to pick up Damian.

"Are you sure you have to go?" Anya said, grasping both Damian's hands.

"Yes, Anya, like I've said a million times it's only for the weekend that I'll be visiting my family," Damian replied.

Anya pouts. "That's still too long."

"It's not like I'm going to Canada or something. I'm just a few roads down." Damian chuckles. "I can't believe my Father actually wants to see me. It must be something important."

Anya then remembers what Rayne told her at the beach. "Sy-on boy... I have a bad feeling."

"About what?"

"I dunno.. I just have a feeling that something bad will happen. I think those bad guys are still out there." She put her hands on his cheeks. "Please be careful." Her eyes gleamed with worry and anticipation.

Damian softly laughed from her concern for him. "I'll be fine, Anya. And if you feel scared or anything, just call me. Alright?" He reassures her. "Now, I really gotta go now."

"Okie!" Anya stood on her tippy toes and kisses him one last time. "I'll see you soon!"

Damian smiles at her. "See you." He waves to Anya goodbye and hops inside the car.

"Ready to leave now, Master Damian?" Jeeves asks.

"Yeah." Damian stares out of the car window, watching Anya by the sidewalk. She was hopping up and down, waving him goodbye, as the car began to drive away.

Anya watched as the car drove off, and stopped jumping around. Her face faded back to worry. "Bye, bye..."

Damian remained sat in the back seat of the car, and continued to gaze out of the window, as he watched the buildings and trees go by.

"So, Jeeves, what does Father want to see me for exactly?" He asks.

"I'm sorry, Master Damian," Jeeves said. "I'm not allowed to share that with you. Your Father will tell you at supper."

Damian sighs. "Fine then..." Father never wants to see me, I wonder what it could be. He contemplates. Maybe I did something wrong, or maybe he's going to congratulate me for being in my senior year!?

The boy continued to overthink on the situation throughout the car ride.

·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  ·

Some time passes and eventually, they arrive at their destination

Some time passes and eventually, they arrive at their destination. They entered through the gates of the property.

Jeeves stops the car. "We have arrived, Master Damian." He leaves the car to open the door for Damian.