Ch. 17 ) Too Close

(This is part 2 of the Kyoto School Trip arc. Enjoy reading!)

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

After returning from the hot springs, Anya and Becky put clothes on before heading to the dinning hall.

As soon as the two girls stepped into the room, Anya's face lights up, seeing the large buffet.

"So much food!!!" She yells out in excitement, drooling from the mouth.

Anya runs over to grab a plate, and begins to collect as much food as possible.

Becky shakes her head in disappointment. "Don't take too much, Anya. Be polite!" She walks over to grab a plate as well.

After getting their food, they sit down at a table.

Becky splits up her chops sticks, and sniffs the delicious smell from her food. "Mmm, Japanese food is the best!"

Anya searched around at the table. "Where are the forks?" She asked.

Becky scoffed. "Tsk tsk, you don't use forks, we use chopsticks here!" She replied, handing the chopsticks to Anya.

"I need to use sticks to eat?? Are we in ancient times!?" Anya grabbed the chopsticks from Becky, clueless to everything.

This was Anya's first time using chopsticks, so when she tries to split her chopsticks, she snaps the end of it off. "NOO! Now one stick is smaller than the other!!"

Becky sighed. "You could've asked me to open them for you." She began to eat her noodles.

Anya pouted, then tries to position the chopsticks in a way where she can pick up her food. "How does this work??" She stared at her sushi.

Then, stabs it with her chopsticks, acting as if it were a fork. She tries to lift the sushi up, but instead it just falls apart.

Becky had a humiliated expression on her face, baffled by the scene she was witnessing. "Er- umm, maybe we should ask if they have a fork.."

Coming through the entrance of the dinning hall were Emile and Ewen.

Emile began to drool from his mouth after seeing the amazing buffet displayed before him. "Oh man! I can't wait to eat all of that!!"

Becky noticed the two boys entering the dinning hall. She swallows her food before speaking. "We're over here!" She waves to get their attention.

"Ah!" Ewen notices Becky, and walks over to where she and Anya are. "Check out the buffet! There are so many options!!" He grinned.

"Where's Damian??" Becky asked.

"Oh him? He said he wanted to rest in the room for a bit." Ewen replied.

As Anya listened to Becky and Ewen converse, she became distressed for Damian's well being. "Is he going to be okay!!?"

"He's Damian Desmond! Overheating is nothing against him." He told Anya back.

Frowning, Anya faced down. She continued to worry for Damian, which was clearly displayed on her face.

Becky realized this. "Hey! How about you give him some food? I'm sure that'll make him feel better in nooo time, hehe~" She suggested.