Ch3: Dryads

We've barely left the cave for a few seconds and yet there isn't the slightest sign of life for miles. In fact, the very trees themselves look as though they'd been attempting to rip out their roots and flee before our arrival but Veldora doesn't seem to mine. Instead, he's busy barking to the world about death and destruction to any who oppose us. I must admit, I do find it amusing but if that hero is out there somewhere it's best we don't draw as much attention to ourselves until we can learn more about her and how to stop her.

Me: [Hey Raphael, is there a way to tone him down a bit?]

Raphael: [Veldora's aura can be limited under certain circumstances.]

Me: [Such as?]

Raphael: [In simplest terms, he can absorb it. Does master wish to do the same?]

Me: [Is my aura also screaming death in all directions?]

Raphael: [Yes.]

Sigh...I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get this over with from now. It's bad enough if the world already knows he's back after those mighty shouts. It's something entirely different if they figure out two powerful beings are working together. 

Me: Hey, Veldora!

Veldora: Hmm?

Me: You need to town down your aura!

Veldora: How do I do that?

Me: Suck it in or something.

Veldora: Hmmmm...

Me: Also, I'm going to give you a human body as you can't go around looking like that.

Veldora: What's wrong with my perfect body?

Me: You don't want to be trapped inside another bubble again, do you?

He goes silent, surprisingly, so I take that as the confirmation I need and before long Raphael's provided a body for him to inhabit. Surprisingly, without her assistance, he compresses himself into a ball of pure energy before going into the clone provided. The minute he's in, it erupts in a burst of light and once it clears an entirely new being is in its place.

Veldora: Well? How do I look?

Me: Damn.

Veldora: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This body suits me well!

He flexes his muscles as he speaks. It's weird but I find myself turning away shyly before I'm even aware of what I'm doing yet when I look back at him I find him staring at me with a glint in his eye.

Veldora: Do you wanna touch-

Me: NOOOOO!

I almost blast him as he teasingly comes close but whatever this moment is, it is interrupted by the sudden appearance of a bright green light that is quickly followed by two others. When they clear, three extremely attractive women are standing before us.

????: Allow us to congratulate you on your successful return, Lord Veldora.

All three women kneel before us, before Veldora, much to my shock.

Me: You recognise him in this body?

????: We'd never be unable to recognise our Lord. Allow me to thank you again for sheltering my sisters and me.

Veldora: Dryads...ahh, yes. I remember now. Thanks for taking care of the forest in my absence. 

The three females all bow once more before standing. As they do, the central one turns to face me. 

????: Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Dryad Treyni and these are my sisters.

????: I am Trya.

????: and I am Triss.

Veldora: HAHA! This here is my new best bud! Rimuru Tempest! Don't tell anyone but he's the one that-

Me: Ehem! We can discuss that at another time. For now, I'd very much like to get away from here before people come to investigate the chaos you caused after...

Veldora: Bah! There's no reason to fear! Together, we are unstoppable! 

Me: That's the same kind of carelessness that got you caught in the first place.

Veldora: I-

Me: Have you reduced your aura yet

Veldora goes silent, not uttering a sound.

Me: Well?

Veldora: There, all done.

Me: [Is it really gone?]

Raphael: [Both Master's and the individual known as Veldora's auras have been reduced to .000001% of total value.]

That's good enough, I suppose.

Me: So, is there somewhere where we can rest up nearby?