Ch13: Preparations for War

Perhaps much to the surprise of the others, I take the Lizardmen in but don't have them relocate to our village. Instead, I have them maintain their society within the marshlands under their chieftain who I named Abiru. Gabiru was less than pleased by this outcome but faced with the choice to serve or watch his sister die, he too bent the knee. Now, however, having named his sister Souka and seen her transform into an attractive young woman...she simply just can't compete with Shion and Treyni. I haven't done anything with her yet but I can just tell.

Sigh

What a waste.

Me: Souka!

Souka: Yes, milord!

She runs forward, tripping over an unconscious Shion in the process but I just about catch her before she hits the ground.

Souka: F-F-Forgive me-

Me: Shhhh. You'll wake them.

She looks around and visibly blushes as her eyes take in the voluptuous forms of both Treyni and Shion sprawled across the carpeted floor. 

Me: I have finally decided on what to do with you.

Souka: I understand.

She begins removing her clothes.

Me: Stop! 

Souka: Milord?

Me: That's not what I have in mind.

Souka: But-

Standing, I make my way to the door before pausing.

Me: Walk with me.

She complies and before long we're in the street, slowly making our way towards the outskirts of the village. Everyone makes way for me as I walk but I can't help but notice how Souka goes pale each time she feels their attention shift to her.

Me: There's nothing to be afraid of.

Souka: I...am I not good enough?

Me: Hmmm?

Souka: It's just that...you...you know...with Lady Shion and Lady Treyni but don't wish to also partake of me.

Me: I-

Souka: I-

She breaks down in tears and I have no idea how to respond. It is true that she isn't as attractive as either girl but my reasons for turning down her body have little to do with that. I simply believe she'd be of better use in another area of expertise. Besides, she doesn't seem like the type of girl that'd receive any glimmer of comfort from such activities. I might be Lust personified but I wouldn't soil her honour like that. 

Me: Souei!

Souei: Yes, milord.

Me: I'll leave Souka in your care.

Both: Milord?

Me: Train her to assist you in your missions.

Souei: Am I free to use any method I-

Me: Train her as you see fit. My only concern is the results.

Souei: As you command, Lord Rimuru.

Me: Souka!

Souka: Yes!

Me: Do your best.

With that, I'm off but it isn't long before I feel arms wrap around me from behind.

Souka: Thank you.

I turn around but she's gone, as is Souei.

Me: A promising start.

Rigurd: Lord Rimuru!

A massive behemoth of a man crash lands in front of me, prostrating himself with his face against the ground. He kicks up much dust but seems completely oblivious to the chaos his every waking moment seems to cause the minute he sees me.

Me: What is the problem?

Rigurd: It is the preparations for the war, milord. 

Benimaru: What he's trying to say is, we're all ready for the meeting.

Me: Very well, lead the way.

They do and before long I find myself sitting around a table with a map layout of the surrounding regions. The positions of the Orc formations are already marked on the map but Orc figurines and from them I quickly learn that their army has split into three.

Me: So, what's the plan?

Ono: You jest, milord.

Me: Is that so?

All: Milord?

Me: Anyways, the plan is simple. Meet them on the battlefield and use them as practice targets. We could coordinate with the Lizardmen over specifics but there's no need. I doubt any of you are foolish enough to be killed in such a one-sided encounter.

Ono: So the plan is no plan at all?

Hiiro: On the contrary. The plan is to go all out and show our Lord the true strength of his military.

Me: I look forward to seeing you all in action. However, there's a little more to it than just that.

All: Lord?

Me: We'll be fighting in the marshlands. Calvary units, while good, won't be optimal in such conditions. As such, rather than have the Goblin Riders charge in with us, I want them to position themselves around the Marshes after the Orcs have all passed in. The mission of these riders is simple. Prevent any Orcs from escaping.

Benimaru: While the Kijin move in to engage their force directly, yes?

Me: Precisely. While this is little more than an exercise, I want it to be clean. To that end, the Lizardmen will also need to remain within their caves. I don't want friendly casualties.

Souei: Would you like me to deliver your orders, milord?

Me: Yes, and take Souka with you.

Souei: Lord!

He vanishes with Souka in tow. The minute he's gone, however, a new voice makes its presence known.

Veldora: What about me?

Me: So you're finally interested?

Veldora: I'm always up for a fight.

Me: Yes. Well, I doubt Orcs would present much of a challenge for you. You'd likely cause their whole army to surrender.

Veldora: BAHAHAHAHA! I am amazing, aren't I?

Me: That's... never mind. In any case, you'll be remaining in the village.

Veldora: But-

Me: You'd be defending the village, protecting our most important possession. I can think of no greater task than this. It's only-

Veldora: I see. Most important you say?

Me: Yes.

Veldora: I accept! I, the storm dragon Veldora Tempest, shall not allow a single cell to pass!

Me: Wonderful. Now, to the specifics...