Ch19: King Gazel

We arrive in the clearing to see a man who is the embodiment of the opposite of what I was expecting to see. When one hears "dwarf" or "dwarven" WHO THE HELL THINKS OF THIS!!!! 

The man is larger than the horse! Well, Pegasus but who cares! How does the physics of what I'm seeing even work and how the hell is this man a dwarf?

Gazel: Hmmm...judging by everyone's reaction to your arrival, you must be the master of this group, yes?

Me: Ruler, actually, and you are trespassing.

Gazel: Ruler, hmm? I wasn't aware there was any nation within the Great Jura Forest.

Me: There is one now and by bringing your army here, you've technically just invaded it.

Gazel: Hahaha! My army? These are nought but my trusty brothers in arms. My guard, nothing more.

Me: Oh?

Gazel: I heard rumours of a being who defeated a disaster-class threat and so thought it worth the while to at the very least see what the uproar was all about.

Me: You, the king of a nation, went on a stroll on the basis of a rumour?

Gazel: You don't live as long as I have without keeping an eye on things, especially when they're right next door.

Me: Well, if that was all, how about merrily being on your way?

Gazel: Hmmm?

The fiend dismounts and so too does his "guard". None draw their swords, however, so I refrain from acting rashly. There's no particular need to start yet another war so soon after the last. 

Gazel: If you are to become my new "neighbour" then I must at the very least test your worth.

Me: My worth?

Gazel: It will take a truly mighty man or woman, in more ways than one, to rule over this Forest. I must ensure you have what it takes. So FACE ME!!!

He draws his sword and the others reach for their weapons in response but a quick wave of the hand has them stand down. I'll deal with this myself.

Gazel: You're braver than most. I'll give you that.

Me: Treyni...can you-

Veldora: RAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Veldora lands with a boom that sends shockwaves across the opening. He's still in his human form but with his aura seeping out and him bellowing his name at the top of his lungs, Gazel and those with him quickly figure out who he is.

Veldora: Mortal, you are right to recognise my buddy Rimuru as the one true master of this nation! Now I, the Storm Dragon Veldora Tempest reborn in this body thanks to the efforts of my buddy Rimuru Tempest shall be the judge of your match! 

Gazel looks like he shat himself but somehow manages to hold his ground. The men he brought with him? They aren't so lucky. As if being battered by F5 tornado-level winds, they're all blown away.

Gazel: I-I-I see. So the rumours...for once...were true. 

Veldora: HMMMMM?

Veldora turns his gaze towards Gazel, giving him his undivided attention and I swear I physically see the air pressure around Gazel force him down into a kneeling stance. Powerless before true power, he's like a whipped pup but Veldora himself seem oblivious to the effects of his actions.

Me: Now that we have a witness, come at me!

Gazel grits his teeth, grabs his fallen sword and charges. Right as he's about to attack, however, he vanishes.

Raphael: [Behind.]

True to her word, his attack comes from behind but bounces off my hand so hard it sends him flying backwards leaving him open to my own attack. To start, I simply swing my right foot around to kick him in the chest but before my foot arrives, the air it displaces does and that air blasts Gazel into a nearby tree.

Me: You know. For one who talked so high and mighty, I was expecting a bit more.

I have my sword still strapped to my waist but make no move for it. If this is the extent of his power then I certainly won't need it. Still, I thought this was effectively a friendly sparring match...if I weren't strong, he'd have really cut my hand off, wouldn't he?

Raphael: [It is likely that King Gazel knew the attack would do no harm.]

Me: [What?]

Raphael: [If he desired to kill, he would have gone for the head.]

Me: [Then...was it a trick?]

Gazel: RAAAAAHHH!!!

I barely even notice the direction his attack comes from before my hands grab the sword and swing up, blocking the attack just in time as it comes crashing down towards the top of my head. The sheer force of the attack cracks the ground beneath me but my stance holds.

Me: [Thanks for the assist, Raphael.]

Raphael: [I exist to serve, master.]

Veldora: Marvelous! Splendid! Perfection! 

Treyni: Stop! The fight is over!

Me: Huh?

Veldora: Huh?

Treyni: Lord Rimuru wins.

All: HHUUUUUHHH????

Gazel: She's right. You've beaten even my best move. I have nothing left but to concede defeat.

Me: Is that so? A pity.

Man, I'm so lucky to have Raphael!!!! I'd be a goner if she didn't assist during that last attack!

Me: You know, you're rather strong.

Gazel: The same can certainly be said of you. The name's Gazel Dwargo, King of the Armed Nation of Dwargon.

Me: Rimuru Tempest, King of the Jura Tempest Federation.