Ch15: The Orc Disaster

Me: So that's the Orc Disaster.

Raphael: [It is.]

Me: [He's quite big, isn't he?]

Benimaru: Lord Rimuru, you needn't trouble yourself-

I watch as he and the others repeatedly attack our foe. Still, while they do manage to inflict severe damage, his regenerative powers are simply unmatched, easily regrowing missing limbs and even surviving decapitation with little to no effort. 

Hiiro: DIE!

Red flames engulf our enemy and for a moment it seems as though the battle might finally be won but soon, laughter fills the air as the smell of burnt flesh rises from open wounds.

Orc Disaster: HAHAHAHAHA! So this is pain! 

Using the sheer might of his will, he douses the flames and with a single wave brushes Hiiro's follow-up attack aside like a broom to dust. Shion, who'd been recovering on the sidelines, now charges back in only to get attacked once more by rot sending her crashing into a nearby crater, writhing in agony.

Benimaru: Shion!

Hiiro: Focus brother!

His warning comes too late as the newly self-proclaimed Demon Lord rushes forward and swings for his head. Benimaru can only stand, frozen in place as the hefty sword nears his neck but before it can break skin, Hakurou all but magically appears out of nowhere to block the attack before launching an attack of his own.

Hakurou: Young prince, it seems you require further training.

Hiiro: What he needs is GGGUUUUUTTTTTSSS!

Hiiro's aura seemingly triples as he enters an attacking posture before launching himself once more. The Orc Lord raises his sword and blocks but Hiiro's much smaller sword hits with such power that it breaks through slicing clean through his body before being swung around to cleave off his head. 

As Hiiro lands opposite his falling body, there's no doubt in anyone's mind now. He is most certainly dead with that attack. 

Orc Disaster: HMMMMMMMM!

The ground rumbles as crimson serpents seep out from the decaying body attacking everything in their path. I'm forced to take flight to avoid getting attacked but others aren't as lucky. Hiiro, being so close to the corpse, gets struck in the back before he could react. Benimaru, in an attempt to save his brother, gets struck next alongside quite a number of the goblin riders who dared attempt to rescue Shion.

Orc Disaster: MUAHAHAHAHAHA! Did you really believe such a pitiful attack could ever dream of killing me!!!!!

Much to my disbelief, the body reconstructs itself using slime-like tentacles to reattach limbs as needed.