Ch32: There Is War On The Horizon

Testa: Please forgive me, my Lord.

Testa has her face pressed to the ground as she apologises profusely. The reason? Her actions have rather expectedly led to a breaking of the non-aggression pact between the Demon Lords and as a result, Guy and his frozen kingdom to the north have declared war on Tempest.

Despite her grovelling, I'm not mad, at least not for that reason. It's just that...I was so close to having my first night with my wife...couldn't she have waited a few more hours?

Me: Testa...what shall I ever do with you?

She jumps at the mention of her name but refrains from raising her head. After some time, her response comes.

Testa: I'm sorry...

Beside me, Luminous had remained silent but decides to intervene. Standing, she garners the attention of the entire room as she makes her way over to Testa.

Luminous: Raise your head.

Testa complies and as she does, Luminous stoops down before her, using her index finger to tilt her jaw upwards until their eyes meet.

Luminous: If you really want to get on my husband's good graces then become his concubine.

All: WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT?

Testa: I-

Luminous: Don't be shy. I'm giving you permission but only this once. I know you love him so seize the opportunity or lose it forever.

Testa, a red ball of flesh, barely manages to utter a sound as seconds become minutes. Luminous laughs at her struggles before standing. Offering her a hand, she helps the still-speechless Testa to her feet.

Luminous: Fine then...if you won't be his concubine then you shall be my lady-in-waiting as punishment for ruining my wedding. I hope you're prepared to satisfy my every whim.

Testa: I-

Luminous: Come...

I watch in amazement as she pulls her over to a seat beside Hinata and plants her in before returning to my side.

Diablo: It seems we'll be working together again, Rossa. 

Testa: I-what just happened?

She's still red from embarrassment.

Treyni: I believe you just turned down the chance to be with our Lord.

Testa: I...Wha-

Me: With that matter settled, there's still the matter of war with Guy. 

Veldora: HAHAHAHA!!! Fear not, my brother, I will flatten their petty kingdom-

Ciel: Do recall that the sister you hate most is living with Guy Crimson.

Veldora Falls silent like a whipped pup but Akemi simply takes his place.

Akemi: Then we'll just have to flatten her too! Besides, Kaida can-

Me: All three of you are staying in Tempest.

Akemi: But-

Me: No buts. You're strong but that's precisely why you are best suited for our nation's defence. Alternatively, everyone else will be going on the offensive. Veldora and Milim alongside Milim's Dragon Faithful will attack the Ice Continent from the East. Geld and his contingent alongside the Goblin Riders and the forces of the Lizardmen, including Gabiru and his squad will attack from the south.

Hiiro: What about us?

Me: Everyone else will attack from the West...that is all but Benimaru, Diablo, Shion and their respective forces. You three are being entrusted with a very special mission. You are to head South to visit Demon Lords Frey and Carrion. Give them the chance to join us peacefully and serve me but should they refuse, annihilate them.

Milim: I...don't hurt Frey and Carrion. They're my friends.

Me: Hmmm? Well, if they join us then they have nothing to fear now, do they? If they refuse then that must be considered as siding with the enemy in this war and we are not about to expose ourselves to a two-front war. Best to knock out all opposition prewar.

Luminous: If you empty Tempest that much, won't the Eastern Empire use the opportunity to strike?

Akemi: Let them try! I'll-

Ciel: What she means to say is we'll be more than capable of holding any attacking force at bay while you all get to have all the fun.

Me: Not quite. You'll have the most important job.

Akemi: We will?

Me: You'll not just be responsible for the safety of our home but also my wife.

Luminous: I don't need babysitting.

I smirk, knowingly slipping my hand between her crotch while keeping my movements hidden. She gasps, biting her lip.

Luminous: I...fine.

Leaning across, I whisper in her ear.

Me: I'll make sure to reward you later.

Now it's her turn to go red.

Me: Testa...

Testa: Yes, milord!

She bows so hard her forehead hits the table causing some dishes to rattle and others to outright break. Hinata, sitting beside her, laughs.

Me: I trust you'll personally keep her safe.

Hinata: Don't worry. I might not fully agree with these developments (she looks directly at Luminous before continuing) but I'll make sure they don't do anything stupid...again.

Testa, Luminous and Akemi all take her words as a personal attack but before any confrontations can begin, I stand.

Me: Now then, I'll leave the specifics for you all to discuss. As for myself, I shall be taking my wife home.

Everyone stands and bows.

All: Good night, milord...milady.