Pre-Show Interviews

It wasn't long until two days after Tiffany told me the fact that the camera crew for Hotel Hell has showed up on our front steps, explaining that we need to do interviews and footage for the show so that we can get some "Before Gordon Comes" footage.

My mother, loving the publicity, agreed to this too fast and let our check in area be the zone for the interviews.

It was a Tuesday, and it wasn't a busy day for Brookstone, so it was a good time for interviews.

I was in the dining room, wiping down the tables and dusting the chairs. It still feels surreal that  THE Gordon Ramsay will be coming to our little shitshow to help us. It makes me wonder what Tiffany and Jackson put in our application.

"Evelyn Masters."

I turned to see the camerawoman, named Ashleigh, look at me in waiting.

"It is your turn." she added.

"Aight." I replied, putting up my towel and placing it in the bucket, walking in the check in room.

Ashleigh helped me put the microphone on my shirt before going behind the camera and hit record, the small little red light indicating so.

"Please tell us your name and position here." Ashleigh stated.

I cleared my throat and looked at the camera. Okay let's do this bruh. "My name is Evelyn Masters, and I am a waitress at the Brookstone Hotel. I am also unfortunately the owner's daughter."

"Oh spicy." Ashleigh said. "What do you think is causing Brookstone to fail?"

I snickered. "For starters, my mother. She is a literal slut in full form and sleeps with any male of age employee she has. She doesn't care about anything in the Hotel, she only cares about money piling in and getting her sex in. She doesn't dress as a Owner she dresses like a hooker. Maybe Gordon can put her to work but I doubt it."

"God damn!" One of the other cameramen said in the background.

I decided to continue with the slander. More content the better right? "Another problem is Chef Marco and Chef Holt. If you ever call them that. They never use our ovens. Like, EVER. They have been sitting there collecting dust and you know what they use? Microwaves. Like that's not even cooking, might as well work at a Panera Bread."

"Shit she is going off!" Another cameramen shouted.

"We also have wacky decor that is outdated like it's stuck in the 1980's and we have a roach infestation going on don't get me started. And our rooms are like brothels. Utter disgusting and badly managed."

Ashleigh's eyes were wide, I can see it through the bright lights. "Damn. How do you want Gordon to help?"

I leaned back in my chair looking at the camera. "Well do whatever a Ramsay would do I guess. He swears right? Cuss at my Mom. Put her in shape. Cuss at Marco and Holt. Especially Holt. Do whatever you can do. I am this close to leaving this place."

Ashleigh nodded and then hit the button to stop recording. "Thanks for the interview, Evelyn. You are an interesting character, and I think Gordon would like that for a change."

I chuckled. "I'm just me, homie."

I stood up and wiped my apron and huffed. "Well, back to the shitshow I talked about earlier." I walked back in the dining room, and took the same rag and continued wiping the tables.

I know I said alot, but I needed to get that all out. For 15 years this place made me annoyed, angry, and disappointed all at once. The only reason why I stayed is because I don't want to abandon Tiffany, Jackson, and Aaron to the hands of my mother. Especially in the middle of the woods.

I just hope Gordon helps us, because if we aren't in the right place for him to succeed his mission in helping us, we might as well be doomed.