Dawn of the Day

The sun shined heavily into the hotel's bedroom as I woke up feeling groggy as hell. I checked the time as I ran my hand through my knotty hair. God damn it was 6AM. I rarely ever see the mornings. But I guess I did sign up for this. I sat up on my bed seeing the side that Gordon was sleeping on empty. He must had to go early. He was the star of the show after all.

I threw the comforters off my body before heading towards the shower, washing every bit of me. I put on my purple chef's jacket, black slacks, and shoes. I grabbed my purse and phone before making my way to the front door. I walked down the hallway until I bumped into someone, I groaned before I realized it was Jennifer.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!"  she said with a huff. "It's way too early Evelyn."

I nodded gently before pulling my hair back behind my ear. "You're telling me. Why are you up?"

We started our way to the elevator. I pressed the ground floor.

"My father wants me to work the morning shift just so I know what it's like. He bribed me with $300." Jennifer replied with a yawn. "I can't wait until this is over. What about you?"

"The show." I answered with a soft smile.

Jennifer's eyes went big, but the bags were still there. "Oh yeah!! Good luck for real!"

I nodded. "Thank you."

The door opened, and we walked down the lobby and outside to the hot breeze of California in the morning. Me and Jennifer parted ways as she made her way to the parking garage and I went to the limo waiting for me.

I got into the limo and watched as it pulled away from the hotel, heading down the street towards the Master Chef set. As it was a bit aways, I leaned back to close my eyes, but got jump scared by my phone buzzing. I groaned and opened it up, immediately turning down the brightness.

"Good morning, love. We are finally here! I'm so excited for you!" The text from Gordon read.

I smirked a little. "Just let me have my coffee first." I replied to him before yawning.

Gordon immediately replied after. "Oh trust me, we cater Starbucks for the crew every morning. You're in good hands."

I chuckled before turning my phone to sleep and I looked out the window, seeing the tall buildings and palm trees. It seems crazy that just a couple weeks ago I was just a dreaded waitress in a hotel in the middle of the woods back in Oregon, but now I'm a regular judge on TV's hottest cooking competitions with the world's hottest chef Gordon Ramsay.

I just hope it turns well.

The limo pulled up to the Master Chef set about ten minutes after, and I got out, making my way inside the back, walking down the hallway. I went past the set, seeing the many kitchens the contestants will cook in, along with the judges table where I will be, next to Gordon, Joe, and Aarón.

I went towards the production meeting room where I opened the door to see Gordon at the conference table along with Joe and Aarón talking with the crew about the new season. I looked up at the photo in the room, seeing the photo of me and Gordon holding knives at each other, with a purple background and a snake around me.

"Oh Evelyn, welcome! Glad you came on time!" Gordon exclaimed looking at me with adoration in his eyes. "We were talking about how to introduce you into the show."

I nodded before sitting down next to Joe, taking a mocha latte that had my name on it.

"I said that you come out from the ceiling and pounce like a lion, but Gordon said no." Joe joked with a shrug.

I chuckled. "That would be a pretty lit appearance." I took a sip of the coffee.

Gordon shook his head and looked at his fellow judge. "You and your ideas man." he said. "I was thinking she would come in between you and Aarón and wave or something."

"BORING!" Aarón said. "This isn't a beauty pageant."

Heidi Zimmer, who was the main production directer, was clicking her pen in thought. She was my age and was pretty damn good for a director. I admired her work ethic.

"How about..." Heidi started, studying me. "We have the set's lights turn to purple, and we play 'Pink Venom' by BLACKPINK in the background and she walks out... STRUTS and makes her way to the judges table, Gordon, Joe and Aarón move out of the way, and she stabs a knife into a piece of steak."

I widened my eyes at the idea. Well god damn. That sounds like a spectacle.

"I love it." I replied. I turned to Gordon who was deep in thought before he turned to me with a wink.

"Sounds good to me, whatever makes Evelyn 'Venom' Masters happy." Gordon said a smirk.

"Rock on." Heidi said before writing it down. "We will get to work on that. For now just take a brief moment to look at the bios of the contestants. It's showtime." She made her way out of the room.

"I like her." I thought out loud. Hell I might have a girl crush on her.

Gordon chuckled. "She is one of the best. But YOU are the best I know."

I looked down before taking a sip of my coffee. We would have to see about that.