Red Pill or Blue Pill?

I woke up around 11:30 AM, feeling completely exhausted and drained. I have no clue what made me dream like that, but I blame the nicotine. I climbed out of bed and walked in my bathroom, getting my clothes for the day. I took a short and quick shower, getting dressed in my uniform: black slacks and black polyester button up that had "Brookstone" embroidered on it on the right chest area. My mother spent all of the hotel's savings on the uniforms than the hotel itself. You all shouldn't be surprised.

I walked downstairs in my house and went to the cage that held my guinea pig Josie in. Josie was chomping away at her grass food I filled in when I came home last night. I smiled and pet her softly with my finger before filling up her water.

Josie was the only one who really listened to me, if she did. But I love her anyways.

I went to my Keurig and made myself a cup of coffee, pouring more creamer than the coffee in it. I took a sip of my concoction looking out the window at the place that was the town were I lived.

My shift started at 12:30 so I had a little bit of time. After eating my protein bar I got my bag and everything before locking the front door and heading out of my house. I went in my Honda Civic and drove out and got started on my 15 minute drive to the Brookstone Hotel.

I wonder what Gordon has planned for the hotel today, or if he has already started with things and such. According to his shows, usually the second day is him working the owner for things to change. Hopefully he is getting some sense to my mother and we can start on a good foot. It is Gordon's last day and it's the most work. Tomorrow morning he will reveal our renovated Hotel and leave. I'm excited to see what he planned.

My car pulled up to the parking lot on the side of the three story building. I could already see the construction and remodel people already at work.

I got out of my car and walked in the door, seeing cameramen everywhere talking. I grunted a bit and made my way in the restaurant, seeing Aaron there wiping the glasses.

"Hey Evelyn, morning. Or afternoon." Aaron said with a chuckle.

"Hey." I said with a smile, putting my bag under the menu case. "What is Gordon up to?"

"He has been working with your mom all day." Aaron said, putting his last clean glass on the shelf. "But I think both of them are expecting you."

I raised my eyebrow. "Interessant." I said, before making my way out towards the check in area. "Where are they?"

"Pool." Aaron replied, going in the kitchen.

I nodded, heading down the hall and through the back door. There I saw my mother dressed in surprisingly nothing slutty, in a blouse and jeans and her hair was in a bun. My eyes turned to Gordon who was in jeans and a grey tee shirt, so tight you can see his chest and abs. Man the man had a nice figure.

WHAT THE FUCK, EVELYN?!

I snapped back in reality and smiled walking towards the two, seeing we were being filmed. Oh fun.

"Ah, Evelyn!" Gordon exclaimed, clasping his hands together. "Nice to see you! You look lovely!"

I stumbled back. "This is just my work uniform, Chef." I said, about to laugh.

"Doesn't matter, love." Gordon said beckoning to me to sit with him.

I sighed and sat down in the middle of my mother and Gordon. I have no clue what this was about, and I hope it's nothing just to add drama.

"Mother, you look great. What's the change?" I asked.

My mother laughed. "Well Gordon and I worked together all morning, with him training me to be a proper owner and such. But it turns out, there is something that this Hotel is missing."

As if on cue, I turned to Gordon, who looked at me with a certain sparkle in his eyes. Evelyn, shut the hell up. Please.

"I have two choices for you, Evelyn." Gordon said, taking out two envelopes. "I want you read each of these choices and the responsibilities that come with each. I will describe the basics to you now."

I nodded.

"Me and your mother talked about your potential and drive for changing things with action, we also talked about your work history and how you were an excellent chef at a eatery in town when you were seventeen. I talked with the previous owner, Jeff, you remember right?"

"Uh, yeah." I replied. Yes, before I was forced to join my mother at the Brookstone I was the head chef at Bliss Eatery, the busiest restaurant in town and I was always on top cooking top class dishes. That's how I am so critical of Marco and Holt everytime they gave a dish to a table.

"Right." Gordon confirmed. "So I have two choices for you going forward. You can stay here at the Brookstone, and be Co-Owner with your mother and help make the Brookstone a one of a kind, woodsy Oasis for tourists. Or, because I am awe of your talent at Bliss, you can become my apprentice and I can train you to be an amazing Chef at my newest location of Hell's Kitchen in Los Angeles."

I widened my eyes and looked down. Dear god. Become a chef again and work at one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants?! Talk about the pay....... *drool*. Or Gordon himself...... EVELYN MASTERS SHUT THE HELL UP.

I snapped back to reality and looked at Gordon with a smile, taking the two envelopes. "Thank you, Chef. I will think about these carefully."

Gordon looked at me wistfully. "I hope you make a good decision, Evelyn. I am counting on you."

I nodded before making my way back in the hotel, my brows furrowing.

Well god fucking shit.